We know you all have been watching the weather for the weekend as closely as we have. With more imminent bad weather including Thunderstorms headed our way, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the tournament at all venues. It would be a disservice to give you all false hope of playing on Saturday as conditions here have deteriorated today unexpectedly causing fields to be under water. We do not want your teams travelling into town today and paying for hotels, only to be turned around Saturday morning.
We have had rain for most of the week that has saturated our fields and with heavy rain and storms arriving on Saturday morning, we are 100% confident the grass fields could not handle any play.
Travelling Teams our hotel booking service will contact you regarding instructions on cancelling hotel reservations, please look out for their email which will be coming to you shortly you with instructions on how to proceed. Should you see any charges from the hotel or if you would like to keep your hotel reservation intact to stay in the Charlotte area for the weekend, please contact Travelling Teams directly.
Please allow us the weekend to cancel all arrangements and then our Tournament committee will meet to discuss next steps and contact you in 7-10 days regarding tournament registration fees.
Again, cancelling this event is the last thing we want to do. We sincerely hope that you will understand the need to take this step and to inform you as early as possible.
Peter Broadley , Executive Director of Coaching
Brandi Johnson, Tournament Director