read more »
The Capital Area Soccer League, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (C) (3) which operates in Wake County to provide youth soccerpportunities at multiple skill levels. CASL is funded by registration fees, sponsorships and charitable donations. CASL is a member of the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA) which is a member of United States Youth Soccer. With that membership comes rules and operating requirements which CASL must follow.
One such operating requirement is playing Age Groups. Teams are formed based on the birth date of the participant. August 1 through July 31 is a playing age group. As an example, CASL’s youngest age group is Under 5. That means to play as an Under 5, your child must become five years old in the range of August 1 through July 31.
This division does not require any prior experience and contains age groups from Under 5 through U 19 (High School). Recreation coaches are volunteers and usually parents of players. Costs, game format, ball size by age group can be found on the www.CASLNC.COM recreation page. There are two seasons to a playing year, Fall and Spring. Each season requires re-registration. CASL offers full year or seasonal registration. The Fall season generally begins with two weeks of practices in late August for U7 and above age groups. The Fall games will usually begin the weekend before Labor Day and there are 8 games to the season. The Spring season practices will usually begin in late February with games beginning in early March and there are 8 games to the season. Registration for a new player or re-registration for veteran players (played the last season with CASL), begins near the end of the prior season. For example, Fall registration begins generally around mid-April. Those players registered between mid-April and the first part of June are guaranteed placement on a team. If you register after the guaranteed placement deadline you are not guaranteed placement. We will, however, make every effort to place your child and we generally place all except those who register just before the season begins. NCYSA does not allow teams to be stacked. One of the methods CASL uses to comply with this requirement is to assign players to the same team who live near one another. As a further method to comply with state team formation requirements, we do not allow players to request a specific team. From Under 5 through Fall of Under 10, teams play games in their region of the county such as Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary/Apex, or Garner (depending on number of registered teams some divisions may have to be played outside their region). Beginning with the Spring of Under 10, teams are guaranteed four home games but the other four could be in another region. For example, a Cary team may have up to half their games outside of the Cary/Apex area such as Raleigh, Wake Forest, or Garner. Team scheduling is grouped to the extent possible to provide for competitive matches.
· U5 - U6 teams play only one day a week usually Saturdays unless a rain make up moves a play day to Sunday. The playing format is 4V4.
· U7 - U8 have one practice a week and the primary game day is Saturday. Occasionally there are Sunday afternoon games. Playing format is 4V4.
· U9 - U10 have one practice a week and the primary game day is Saturday. Occasionally there are Sunday afternoon games. Playing format is 7V7.
· U 11-U 12 have one practice a week and the primary game day is Saturday. Occasionally there are Sunday afternoon games. Playing format is 8V8.
· Under 13 and Under 14 have one practice a week and the primary game day is Saturday. Occasionally there are Sunday afternoon games. Playing format is 11V11.
· Under 15 through Under 19 practice once a week with the primary game day of Sunday with occasional Saturday games. Playing format is 11V11.