AFC Lightning and Atlanta Fire United are exciting to present the Sizzlin' Summer Shootout. The shootout is sanctioned by GYSA and USYSA and will be played on August 18 & 19 2012 at the AFC Lightning McCurry Park Complexes in Fayetteville and the Atlanta Fire United Scott Hudgens complex in Suwanee.
Each team will play a minimum of 3 games, a maximum of 4 games with referees on game fields that should be in great condition. Teams are grouped based on competition level.
U9-U13 Boys: Scott Hudgens
U9-U12 Girls: McCurry Park North
U13-U17 Girls: McCurry Park North and South
U14-U17 Boys: McCurry Park South
August 11 - Schedules posted
August 17 – Team check-in (teams are encouraged to use the Online Check-in feature on the website or you can check-in with us personally (see information tab and check-in for more information on locations)
All teams must be affiliated with USYSA. Up to three guest players are allowed. Teams will compete in groups of similar competition level.
Divisions will be comprised of the following whenever possible:
Divisions may be further subdivided should the number of entries warrant.
The tournament committee reserves the right to combine age group divisions to balance the competition level within a group.
Under 13-17 11 v 11 35 minute halves 18 player maximum roster size
Under 12 8 v 8 25 minute halves 14 player maximum roster size
Under 11 8 v 8 25 minute halves 14 player maximum roster size
Under 10 6 v 6 25 minute halves 12 player maximum roster size
Under 9 6 v 6 25 minute halves 12 player maximum roster size
1st and 2nd place awards
Teams will need to have the following documents available at check-in.• State Association Certified Team Roster – 1 copy for tournament to keep
• Soccer In College Team Roster – 4 copies that will be returned to you – Players names must be printed – No hand written players will be accepted.
• Guest Player Form (Only if you have guest players) - 1 copy for tournament to keep
• Soccer In College Tournament Roster and Release Form – 1 copy for tournament to keep
• Permission or Notification of Travel for out-of-state teams only - 1 copy for tournament to keep
• 2012-2013 Player Passes - these must have a photo and be laminated
• Individual Medical Release for each player - this can be from your state association or club.
• Team Emergency Contact Form - 1 copy for tournament to keep