Weather Update 1.23.14 - 2:30pm
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the schedule changes due to the weather forecast.
Here is the latest update:
All Friday night games have been postponed and moved to
Saturday or Sunday. Most games
were moved to Sunday, but a few games were moved to Saturday to avoid teams
playing 3 games on Sunday.
Saturday games have been delayed to start at 11am. Sunday games have been delayed to start
at 10am. All games have been
shortened to 25-minute halves.
All updated schedules are now online. Please make sure to view the new
schedules, as all teams have been affected in some way. I have done everything I can to avoid
coaching conflicts, and ask that you be flexible in these changes.
Teams need to be ready to start their games at game time, and warm-ups should be done to the side of fields, as the overall time blocks have been shortened to make sure later games start as scheduled.
Team Check In will still be held 1 hour prior to your team’s
first game in the BB&T Soccer Park Field House. We will not hold Friday night check in, however, if you’d
like to come earlier in the day on Friday, please contact Kristen Strain at email@example.com to
arrange a time to do so.
Again, thank you so much for your understanding in advance and we look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
Weather Update - 1.23.14 - 1:00pm
We are looking forward to a great weekend of soccer!
We know that there are a lot of questions regarding the forecasted weather and we wanted to give everyone an update at this moment:
The BB&T Soccer Park fields are in fantastic condition and we have monitored them over the past several days (early in the morning and late in the evenings) to see how the weather impacts the quality of the surface, and feel very comfortable with their conditions.
However, based on our club’s weather policy and the
forecasted weather, we know that we will have to make adjustments to the
schedule and shorten some games. Our plan is to make sure that all teams still have the opportunity to
play 3 games, and to make sure that we don’t cause any new coaching conflicts.
Based on Friday’s forecast, the temperature and wind will be
too cold in the evening for the 6:00pm and 7:15pm games. Therefore, those games will be moved to
later in the day on Sunday. We are
currently working on the rescheduling of those games to make sure we don’t
create any conflicts.
Based on Saturday’s forecast, we will be looking to delay
the start of games, and also shorten the length of games to make sure that
games at the end of the day start at an appropriate time, based on the
weather. Saturday temperatures do
appear to rise into the 40s, so we will be trying to get as many games in
during the warmer times of the day as possible.
Based on Sunday’s forecast, and Friday night games moving to Sunday afternoon, we will also look to delay the start of games and shorten games as well.
In the meantime, schedules will not be open to the public
eye, as we are making changes behind the scenes. We will send another announcement when the updated schedules
are available later today. Please
do not try to contact us by email or calls at this time, as we are working hard
to make sure we have all information to you in a timely fashion.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding in advance as we try to get all games played, while making sure player safety is our #1 priority.
Online Check-in is now available for this event.
What is Online Check-in?
Online Check-in eliminates the need for your team to show up in person before your first game by allowing you to complete the check-in process online. You will be required
to upload .pdf files or images to the secure sincSports cloud.
The event will determine which documents are required.
There is a $20 non-refundable fee. You must scan documents or take digital photos to complete this process. We will help you
through the rest! Please click the link below to begin:
Begin Online Check-in