Location: FNC Park- Oxford MS
Tournament Date: June 11th, from 9 am-5 pm
Application Deadline: June 5th, 2011.
Minimum of 3 games, up to 5 or 6 games depending on the bracket.
Cost: $165 per team (6 players/team) if you register by May 29th.
Late registration: May 30th-June 5th= $185 per team
Free t-shirt for each player! Medals to finalists and champions!
Boys and Girls: U6-U18
U6 (Born after 7/31/04)
U7 (8/1/03 - 7/31/04)
U8 (8/1/02 - 7/31/03)
U9 (8/1/01 - 7/31/02)
U10 (8/1/00 - 7/31/01)
U11 (8/1/99 - 7/31/00)
U12 (8/1/98 - 7/31/99)
U13 (8/1/97 - 7/31/98)
U14 (8/1/96 - 7/31/97)
U15 (8/1/95 - 7/31/96)
U16 (8/1/94 - 7/31/95)
U17 (8/1/93 - 7/31/94)
U18 (8/1/92 - 7/31/93)
Coed (all must be over 18):
Men’s Open (all must be over 18)
Men’s Over 30 (all players must be)
Men’s Over 40 (all players must be)
Women’s Open (all must be over 18)
Women’s Over 30 (all players must be)
Note: all age groups are for both recreational and competitive divisions (boys and girls). In unexpected instances where there are less than four teams in an age group and or based on skill level, your team may be flighted with the same skill one age group older.
TEAM ROSTERS & APPLICATIONS
• All players must have proof of identification
• A maximum of 6 players is allowed on the roster, with only 3 playing at one time.
• Rosters / I.D must be present at the field for the duration of the game.
• No changes or substitutions to rosters after a team’s first game. All rosters are final upon completion of the team’s first game. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Length – 40 yards, width – 30 yards.
The goal box is 8 feet wide by 6 feet long; Players are not allowed to touch the ball in the goal box. The goals are 4 feet high by 6 feet wide.
A goal may be scored only from a touch within a team’s offensive half of the field.
The game consists of two 12 minute halves separated by a two minute halftime period OR the first team to reach 12 goals, whichever comes first. No timeouts!
It is a direct kick taken from the middle of the half-field line.
All are indirect and the ball is kicked into play from the sidelines instead of thrown in.
• Co-ed teams must have a minimum of 1 female on the field at all times.
• Minimum to start is 2 players or for co-eds:1 female and 1 male.
• Teams that play a player not on the roster will be disqualified
• Teams must wear identically colored shirts. Numbers are highly suggested and should coincide with rosters.
• The home team (first listed on schedule) must change if color conflict
• All teams will play at least 3 games, unless the scheduled games are reduced or shortened, due to rain or unforeseen circumstances.
• NO OFFSIDES
• Each game will have one Referee, who will call fouls, keep time, and monitor substitutions.
• Overtime periods will be 5 minutes each way.
SCORING POINT SYSTEM
• Win = 6 points
• Loss = 0 points
• Tie = 3 points
• Every goal up to 3 = 1 point
• Game forfeit = 9 points
• Defensive Shutout = 1 point (winning only, not if 0-0)
DANGEROUS / ILLEGAL EQUIPMENT
• The referee has the right to refuse entry into the game any player who, in the Referee’s opinion, is wearing dangerous or illegal equipment.
• Casts-properly padded are legal. It is the referee’s discretion if a cast is properly padded or not. If a player tries to use a cast in the game to his/her advantage in a striking manner, a red card penalty will be issued immediately.
• There will be no limit on the amount of substitutions a team makes, as long as co-ed teams meet the necessary requirements (1 female)
• Substitutions are “on the fly”, meaning at any time during the game. This includes when the ball is live, at free-kicks and throw-ins, goal-kicks and corner-kicks for or against.
• Players must leave the field of play before being replaced.
• Substitutions must be made at the half way line. Free-kicks may be awarded if not done so.
• The clock is continuous. The Referee may stop the clock if, in his/her opinion, there is a possible extended delay in the game (e.g. serious injury). The clock will not stop on minor injuries (e.g. player hit by ball). It is the Referee’s discretion to decide between a minor injury and a serious injury.
YELLOW / RED CARDS
• Any player receiving a red card will automatically be required to miss the next game. The Tournament Director reserves the right to review any and all red card offenses and take further action upon the player, coach or trainer if the offense is deemed violent or abusive in any such manner.
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to disqualify any team, player, coach or spectator who strikes threatens, physically or verbally, any participant or spectator at the FNC Park.
IF ANY PLAYER, COACH OR TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN
• Forfeited games will result in 9 points. However, if the game has begun and a team has to forfeit for any reason, the score on the field at the time of the forfeit will stand in the point system.
• A game will be a forfeit if: (a) a scheduled team is not ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. The Referee may extend this time to 5 minutes if he/she feels circumstances should allow. (b) a team does not have the minimum number of players needed to participate.
• Coaches must check-in and sign the Referee’s score card at the end of the game. The game is not official until all required documents are signed.
• THERE WILL BE NO PROTESTS
• To determine preliminary winners and runners up, if necessary:
• Winner of head to head competition
• Highest goal differential (goals for minus goals against, maximum of three goals per game).
• Least total goals against (maximum of 3 goals per game).
• Most total goals for (maximum of 3 goals per game).
• Most shut outs.
• Least number of negative points for yellow or red cards issued against team.
• Red Card = 3 negative points
• Yellow Card = 1 negative point
• Penalty Kicks (MLS Rules)
• For semi-finals and final games
• Two 5 minute overtime periods.
• If still tied, best 3 penalty kicks (MLS) by 3 players of each team.
• If still tied, alternate penalty kicks shall continue until first team misses.
• Only players on the field of play at the end of overtime may participate in taking of the penalty kicks.
In case of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions the tournament director reserves the right to any of the following actions:
• Delay play for a period of time
• Reduce game times in order to: catch up to schedule, finish games before inclement weather arrives, or preserve field conditions
• Reschedule games
• Cancel the tournament
• Reschedule the tournament for a later date
There will be no refunds granted for any reason after teh registration deadline. Entry fees are non-refundable after registration deadline.
NO OFFSIDES IN 3-V-3 SOCCER
SHINGUARDS ARE MANDATORY
NO SLIDE TACKLING
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST CARRY PROOF OF AGE
In all Divisions, there will be NO OVERTIME in group-play.
DIVISIONS WITH 3 TEAMS: A single group of three teams will be guaranteed four matches in a round robin format. The team with the most points after round robin play will be declared the winner.
DIVISIONS WITH 4 TEAMS: A single group of four teams will be guaranteed three matches in a round robin format. The two teams with the most points will advance to the final.
DIVISIONS WITH 6 TEAMS: Teams will be divided into two (3 team) groups with each team playing two matches within its group and one crossover match. All games count toward point standings. The teams with the most points in each group will advance to the final.
DIVISIONS WITH 7 TEAMS: Teams will not be grouped, but will each play 4 games. The two (2) teams with the most points will advance to the final.
DIVISIONS WITH 8 TEAMS: Teams will be divided into two (4 team) groups with each team playing three matches within its group. The teams with the most points in each group will advance to the semi-final. Winners of Semi finals advance to finals.
DIVISIONS WITH 10 TEAMS: Divided into three brackets of: four teams, three teams, & three teams respectively. The four team bracket will play each other while the three brackets teams will play each other and one cross bracket game. Each bracket winner plus a wild card team will advance to the semi-finals. The wild card is the team remaining with the highest point total after the bracket winners has been determined.
DIVISIONS WITH 12 TEAMS: Teams will be divided into three (4 team) groups with each team playing three matches within their group. Winners of groups A, B & C and one Wild Card will advance to the semi-finals. The Wild Card is the teams with the most points after the group winners have been chosen. The winner of Group A plays the Wild Card and the winner of Group B plays the winner of Group C, unless the Wild Card comes from Group A. Then the Wild Card will play the winner of Group B and the winner of Group A will play the winner of Group C.
DIVISION WITH 16 TEAMS: Divided into four brackets of 4 teams. Each team will play the other three teams in their brackets. The four bracket winners will play in the semi-finals.
Note: It is the intention to play semi-finals whatever the amount of teams, rather than win on points. Semi-finals will be determined as follows: #1 vs. #4, #2 vs. #3.
For more info, please contact Rogerio Lima at firstname.lastname@example.org