Frequently Asked Questions
- When are the applications due?
Applications must be received at the online no later than April 16, 2013.
- How do I enter my team?
Fill out the on-line application form. The application will be available in February.
- What do I do about my regularly scheduled game if we are scheduled for the same weekend?
All teams that enter may reschedule their regular season game.
- The President’s Cup is offered as a State Championship event for *Classic II & lower and Athena B & lower and it will be treated with the importance of a State Championship event. It is the hope of the Georgia Soccer Board and the President’s Cup committee that eligible teams will be excited to have their own State Championship and that the event will grow in stature and importance each year.
*Classic U13 & Older (Classic 2 and lower)
*Athena U13 & Older (Athena B teams and lower)
- Are academy teams eligible to participate in the President’s Cup?
No. All Academy teams (U10, U11, U12) are eligible for the newly formatted Academy Cup.
- Can teams, U13 and older, play in both the President’s Cup and State Cup?
No, U13 through U19 teams can play in either the President's Cup or State Cup, but not both.
- Can a player play in both the President’s Cup and State Cup?
Yes, under certain circumstances a player may play in both. Check with your league registrar for specifics.
- Is there a Regional Tournament for winners of the President's Cup?
Yes, there is a Regional Event for all State President's Cup winners. Champions in each division of the Georgia President's Cup are eligible for the Regional event. The Regional event is held in June. A link will be posted on this website when details are provided by the Region. State Winners are invited to play in the tournament but it is not mandatory.
- Is there a National Tournament for winners of the Regional President's Cup?
Yes, there is a National Event for all Regional President's Cup winners. A link will be posted on this website when details are provided
by the Region.