Tournament Registration Information
2020 Autumn Blast
Catawba Valley Youth Soccer Association is pleased to welcome you and your team to the
2020 AUTUMN BLAST YOUTH SOCCER TOURNAMENT.
Check-In is MANDATORY for all teams: In person; online will be available soon
Please find the following documents/instructions on our cvysa.org website under the “tournament” tab:
Ø Tournament Rules (Below)
Ø Directions to Playing Sites
Ø Hotel List
Preliminary schedules will be posted on the tournament website. The tournament reserves the right to change the schedule up through registration on Friday night. Everyone should be prepared to play the first game on Saturday morning.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW THE TOURNAMENT CHECKLIST BELOW FOR ELIGIBILITY ITEMS NEEDED AT REGISTRATION. Please make copies of all documents prior to arrival at In Person Check-In. Each state association has different procedures for roster approval, guest players and travel permission; please contact your Club’s Head Registrar first for clarification. IF YOU COME TO REGISTRATION WITHOUT THE REQUIRED MATERIALS, YOUR TEAM MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
In Person Team Check-In FRIDAY – November 6, 2020 5:00pm – 7:00pm PEPSI SOCCER COMPLEX, 5655 Sweet Bay Lane, Hickory NC 28602.
SATURDAY CHECK – IN: Check in must be done by 9 AM at the Pepsi Soccer Complex, 5655 Sweet Bay Lane, Hickory, NC 28602 ON-LINE Check-in is available.
AFFLIATION: US YOUTH SOCCER (includes NCYSA, SCYSA, VYSA, GYSA, etc)
- Official 2020-2021 USYS Match Roster for us to keep on file. (Match Roster must be either an original with official state stamp or certification OR a certified copy of the original Match Roster).
- Present FOUR roster copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the field during the tournament.
- 2020-2021 USYS Player Passes (laminated) with photo and registrar stamp & required signature/s.
- 2020-2021 State-approved Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player. Forms must be properly filled out with parental signatures if needed. They only need to be notarized IF the form states they must be notarized.
- State-approved Permission to Travel for out-of-state teams ONLY. We will keep a copy for our files.
Guest Players for USYS teams:
- All guest players must be listed on either an approved Guest Player Roster/Match Roster/Travel Roster or Tournament Roster. In some cases, the Tournament Roster may replace your team’s Match Roster
- Provide ONE original Guest Player Form for our files and FOUR copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the field during the tournament.
- USYS Player Pass (laminated) with photo and registrar stamp & required signature/s.
- 2020-2021 State-approved Medical Waiver/Liability Release listing the Guest Club as the “Association”.
NCYSA Recreational Teams ONLY:
- ALL NCYSA Recreation teams MUST present an official NCYSA roster generated from the NCYSA database. This can be the roster that is generated under “Recreation – Player Listing by Team”. Please see your club’s Head Registrar for details on how to obtain this roster.
- This roster must be properly stamped, signed & dated by your clubs Head or Associate Registrar.
- NCYSA Rec player passes are accepted but are NOT required.
- If NCYSA Rec player passes are presented, they must be properly laminated with photo and registrar stamp & required signature/s. 2020-2021 NCYSA Medical Waiver for each player properly filled out and signed by parent.
AFFLIATION: US CLUB SOCCER (Roster and player passes say US CLUB Soccer)
- Official US Club Roster – one copy for us to keep on file.
- Present FOUR copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the fields during the tournament.
- 2020-2021 US Club Player Passes (laminated) with photo.
- US Club Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player.
Guest Players for US Club teams:
- All guest players must be listed on the US Club Roster.
- US Club Player Pass (laminated) with photo.
- US Club Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player with guest team/club listed on the form.
- If US Club Guest Player is from a different CLUB, the appropriate US Club Player Loan form must be submitted at team check-in. We will keep one copy of this form for our files.
• Official USSF Affiliate roster – one copy for us to keep on file.
• Present FOUR copies that will be approved and returned to you for use on the fields during the tournament.
• USSF Affiliate Player Passes as required by organization.
• USSF Affiliate Medical Waiver/Liability Release for each player.
• Written “Permission to Attend a Non-AYSO Event”.
NOTE: TEAMS MAY NOT MIX USYS, US CLUB & AYSO PLAYER PASSES. TEAMS MUST BE ALL USYS, ALL US CLUB OR ALL AYSO.
Tournament/Field Headquarters: Pepsi Soccer Complex – 5655 Sweet Bay Lane, Hickory NC 28602
Trophy presentation will be at the Complex that the championship game is scheduled at. There will be team and individual awards for division winners.
Schedules and field maps will be posted after 11:00pm on Sunday November 1, 2020.
Please notify your team of the following:
- PETS must be on a leash at ALL times
- Parking is allowed only in designated spaces. There is $5. weekend parking fee
- Because of limited parking at Pepsi Soccer Complex & Neill Clark Park, please limit the number of cars to one (1) per family
- The Speed Limit at the Park Complex is 10 mph. This will be strictly enforced.
Scores for advancements will be available on the SinC APP & on the tournament website.
After acceptance, if you cancel for any reason, no refunds will be made. The tournament is not responsible for cancellation or shortening of play due to inclement weather and no refunds will be made should this occur.
We look forward to seeing you November 7 & 8 2020.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
CVYSA AUTUMN BLAST
Coaches must check in with the field marshal at least 30 minutes prior to each match and present an
approved match roster to the referee. Player passes should be available at each match. At the
conclusion of the match, the two coaches are to verify the score of the match with the referee and
retrieve their match rosters from the referee.
ROSTER SIZE AND GUEST PLAYERS
The maximum team roster size is dependent on age.
U10 - has a maximum of 12 players
U11 – U12 has a maximum of 16 players
U13 – U16 has a maximum of 18 players
All age groups are allowed a maximum of three (3) guest players. Guest players may not bring the
total team roster size above the maximum number of players allowed for their specific age group.
Guest players must have a guest player form from their state association.
FIFA “Laws of the Game” as modified by USYS shall apply to all matches unless otherwise provided.
U10: two 25 minute halves
U11 – U12: two 30 minute halves
U13 – U16: two 35 minute halves
The U10, U11 and U12 age groups shall use a size 4 ball. The U13 to U15 age group will use a size
5 ball. A tournament game ball will be provided to each team to be used for match play.
All field players must have matching uniforms with individual numbers on the shirts.
When the colors of the Jerseys are similar or identical, the designated home team shall change
jerseys (home team: team listed first on official schedule).
SUBSTITIUTIONS DURING THE MATCH
Teams are permitted unlimited substitutions during the following:
Between periods of play, including OT
*All players entering and leaving the field of play must do so at mid – field nearest the designated
The referee shall insure all players are properly equipped. The score of each match must be reported
to the field marshal by the referee immediately following each match. Names of cautioned and
ejected players must also be reported to the field marshal.
The assistant referee shall assist the referee with the field and play inspections prior to each match
and shall perform those other duties as dictated by the laws of the game and the referee.
Ties in preliminary group matches will stand (no overtimes). Should a semi-final or championship
match end in a tie, teams will be given a 5 minute rest and immediately proceed with two 5 minute
GOLDEN GOAL periods. If neither team scores in the two periods, FIFA penalty kicks will be used to
determine the winner of the match. Teams must have an equal number of players for the penalty
kicks which follow the overtime periods.
A forfeit shall be awarded if the team is not present to play within five minutes following the scheduled
time of its match. (The coach is to report to the Field Marshall 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start
of the match.) Any team which forfeits a game before championship play will not be eligible for the
CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH DETERMINATION
Point System for Preliminary/Round Robin Games:
Example 1: A 2-0 score: Winning team gets 4 points (3 pts. For win & 1 pt. for shutout)
Example 2: A 0-0 Score: Both teams gets 2 points (1 pt. for tie & 1 pt. for shutout)
Win-loss-tie records at the conclusion of match play will be used to determine the first and second
place teams to play for the Semi-final or Championship Matches. A forfeit win results in 3 points.
Tie Breaking Rules
In the event/situation that 2 or more teams have the same number of points from round robin play, tie
will be broken by using the following criteria in the ORDER listed, one after another as needed:
1. Head to Head competition
2. Goal Differential (max/min 3 goals per game)
3. Fewest Goals Allowed
4. Most Shutouts
5. Shootout from the penalty mark
If more than 2 teams are involved in a tie, the criteria will be followed in order (OMMITTING HEAD
TO HEAD COMPETITION) until ties are broken. If tie cannot be resolved, tournament DIRECTOR
shall have the ABSOLUTE DISCRETION to break the tie by any method deemed appropriate.
“NOTE“: There is no tie breaker related to MOST goals scored (NO RUNNING UP SCORE)
A team winning by forfeit gets 3 points for a win and 1 point for a shutout.
Matches terminated due to fighting will be considered double forfeits and the teams involved will have
one (1) point subtracted from their totals.
FAIR PLAY AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
Teams are encouraged to exhibit good sportsmanship throughout the tournament. Trading of
patches and club standards is highly encouraged. Fair Play Award will be given to a team in each
FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
Any player ejected from a match will not be allowed to participate in this team’s next match. Ejection
for fighting will result in the player not being allowed to participate in any remaining tournament
matches. The protest and appeals committee shall make this decision with the recommendation of
the referee. Any coach ejected from a match will not be allowed to preside as coach in his/her team’s
next match. If a coach coaches multiple teams, the coach will still be allowed to coach the team he /
she did not have an ejection with. Any parent sent off from a game will not be allowed to attend the
next game of his/her team. EACH COACH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE
TEAM’S PARENTS AND SPECTATORS.
Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear on the field and be ready to
play as scheduled. Failure to appear for the match will result in a forfeiture of the match.
Only the Tournament Director or his designee has power to cancel, postpone or shorten a match prior
Matches will not begin and matches will not be allowed to continue if lightning exists.
Should a match in progress be terminated due to weather conditions and one half has been
completed, the match will be considered official and the score at that time will stand. If a match in
progress is terminated before the end of the first half or postponed due to inclement weather and
cannot be rescheduled, each team will be awarded one (1) point.
If an age group’s competition cannot be completed through the championship match due to poor
weather conditions, the division winner and runner up will be determined by the Tournament Director
in consultation with the protest and appeals committee. They will determine, as equitably as possible,
the performance of the teams based upon points accumulated in the matches that have been
completed at that time. Such decisions will be final and will not be subject to appeal or subject to protest.
If the Autumn Blast is completely cancelled due to weather, there will be no refund of the entrance fee.
COVID Cancelation Policy will be 100% minus credit card fees.
Protests regarding alleged mis-application of the Laws of the Game shall be made in writing and must
be submitted with a $150.00 cash fee to the Tournament Headquarters within one (1) hour following
the competition of the match. The fee will be refunded only if the protest is upheld. No protests
regarding referees’ application and interpretation of the laws of the game will be considered. The
decision of the protest and appeals committee is final and binding and not open to any appeals.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE TOURNAMENT RULES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE