Lyon College is distinguished by:
• Top Liberal Arts College in Arkansas, Princeton Review.
• “Top 3 Best Colleges in Arkansas” by College Choice 2017
• “A Best Southeastern College” 2017 for the 14th year in a row, by Princeton Review
• Forbes “One of America’s Top Colleges”, 2016, with 12:1 student to faculty ratio
• a beautiful 136-acre campus in the Ozark foothills, with a lake, trails, and the possibility to borrow mountain bikes, canoes, climbing gear for free!
• excellent professors – 14 of whom have received the Arkansas Professor of the Year Award-
• vibrant varsity athletics, over 100 All-American Midwest Conference athletes since 2012, over 150 academic All-Conference athletes
• successful graduates: 95% of Lyon graduates start a career or are admitted to graduate school within six months of graduation!
• “Best Bang for Your Buck” Princeton Review 2016
• The oldest independent college in Arkansas, named the most ‘Socially Beneficial’ of Arkansas Colleges by Washington Monthly.
As a coach I tend to favor intelligent, purposeful play and POSITIVE players, those unafraid of failing, and committed to steady relentless improvement regardless of their past achievement. We have a 3-mile requirement to make the team (3 miles in 27:00 minutes or less; program to achieve this is given).
I have decades of experience at the youth, college, and semi-pro levels, on the American and European continents (France). "Win with grace, lose with honor" is the mantra I want my teams to implement. Soccer remains a game, and in the end, competitive college soccer remains a human adventure that ranks higher than any given statistic. I love investing in young adults, catching them doing something right and setting them up for success.