After much thought and deliberation with our staff, we have decided that it is in the best interest of safety for all teams and parties involved in this event to postpone the 2021 Showcase until a later date to be determined. (more than likely a pre-season event in the Fall).
When we decided to sanction this event back in September, we attempted to format the tournament to help teams be able to compete with little stress of the Covid-19 Pandemic as possible. Our hopes were that by January, the situation would be on the decline an getting back on the fields would be less about what happens during the competition, but more about what we could do to take away the stress of other things such as overnight stays, cost and the lack of college recruitment ability.
Unfortunately, our hopes seemed to be just that, and with increasing cases in the State, the 14-21 day Holiday Incubation Period and the stress of players having to wear masks on the fields during play, we feel that for everyone's sake, it would be better to postpone the event and try it again at a time, we hope, would be better for all.
For any team that have already paid, we will be sending back full refunds, an we would like to thank all of the teams that registered for you willingness to participate, and please look for any announcements for future dates of the event.