2021 Summer 4v4 Festival June 19th
RULES OF COMPETITION
Tournament Format - In all Divisions, there will be NO OVERTIME in group-play.
- Divisions with 4 teams: A single group of four teams will be guaranteed three matches in a round robin format. The two teams with the most points will advance to a final game.
- Divisions with 6 teams: Teams will be divided into two 3-team groups with each team playing two matches within its group, and crossing over to play one team in the other group for the third game. The top team with the most points in each group will advance to the finals.
- Divisions with 8 teams: Teams will be divided into two 4-team groups with each team playing three matches within its group. The top team with the most points in each group will advance to the finals.
4v4 Specific Rules:
Number of Games:
Everyone will be guaranteed 4 games minimum.
We will use 1 of 2 formats depending on the number of teams signed up and the amount of crossover needed to get meaningful games.
1. Round robin and a championship
2. Round robin and points winner. This is the most likely format as some brackets will need crossover to get the most meaningful games.
Schedules will be posted Wednesday or Thursday before each event.
Rules and Game Details:
Field dimensions 20x30
25 min games running clock no halftime and games start every half hour
5 min between games
Sub on any stoppage
4v4 no goalies
Goals can only be scored inside the attacking half
Kickins on balls out of bounds
No players can touch ball inside marked area in front of goal or penalty kick for defending or free kick if attacker touches ball
All fouls outside penalty box are indirect kicks
Penalty kicks will be taken from midfield (penalty happens from defending and touching ball in the box)
Coaches/Directors will be managing the fields.
Only one coach per team and no parents are allowed on any playing surface at any time.
Conduct-Discipline - All players, managers, coaches and fans are expected to conduct themselves appropriately with respect to the “Laws of the Game”. The Site Coordinators have the authority and responsibility to remove anyone from the tournament for abuses of good conduct.
Any player sent off from a match will not be replaced and will not be allowed to participate in the team's next match. Players and or coaches sent off for fighting will result in the player or coach not being allowed to participate in any remaining tournament matches. Any coach ejected from a match will not be allowed to coach his/her team in its next match. Each coach is responsible for the conduct of the players and parents on his/her team. Coaches not taking responsibility for their sidelines' conduct may be warned and/or ejected. Coaches or spectators ejected must leave the playing area and not be within visible distance of the field. In accordance with FIFA rules, only players will be shown a card (yellow or red) when being cautioned or sent off.
Depending on the severity of the unacceptable conduct, the Tournament Director may suspend the offending manager/player/coach for the duration of the tournament and/or recommend further disciplinary action by the appropriate controlling organization. If an individual is coaching more than one team, any suspension shall be applicable to the age group in which the infraction occurred.
Post Game Procedure - Please observe the following at the conclusion of each game:
- Coaches/Managers of both teams shall insure that their sideline area is clean and that all trash has been placed in containers.
- Referees will complete the game report and give to the winning coach or home team coach in the event of a tie. If the Field Marshal is present, the game card may be given to this tournament representative to be turned in at the main tent.
Point System - Each team will be awarded points as follows:
Win: 3 points
Tie: 1 point
Loss: 0 points
Preliminary Tie Breaking Procedures - Preliminary matches tied at the end of regulation time will remain tied. At the end of the preliminary rounds the following criteria shall be used to determine the winner:
Head to Head Competition
Goal differential (total goals scored minus goals scored against (Maximum of +3 or -3 per match).
Least number of goals allowed.
Tie Breaking Procedures in Semi-Final Rounds and Final Matches - In the event a semi-final or final match is tied after regulation time, the following procedures will be observed:
Two equal – 5 minute - halves will be played. The team leading at the end of the 2nd overtime half will be declared the winner.
If the game is tied at the end of the 2nd overtime half, FIFA penalty kicks will be taken to determine a winner.
Forfeited Games - The following procedures shall be observed regarding forfeitures:
- A forfeit shall be awarded if a team is not present and prepared to play within five minutes of the scheduled start time. A ten-minute allowance shall be made for semi-final and championship matches.
- A minimum of four (4) players for a U8-U10 team and six(6) players for U12.
- Any team quitting the field of play before the conclusion of the match is automatically disqualified from the tournament.
- Teams causing abandonment shall be declared the loser by a 3-0 score. When the situation causing abandonment is such that the referee and tournament officials cannot assign responsibility, both teams shall forfeit with no goals scored and a double forfeit declared with a score of 0-0.
- Teams will be rewarded a 3-0 win if a game is forfeited due to a vacant division team spot.
NO protests are allowed!!
Inclement Weather - Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear at the respective venue ready to play as scheduled. Failure to appear will result in a forfeit of the match. Only the Tournament Director may cancel or postpone a match. In case of severe weather, the Tournament Director, in his discretion, may cancel any and all matches. In the event of severe weather that occurs after the beginning of play, the Site Coordinators or Tournament Director may reduce the length of the match and may discontinue or cancel the match. Should a match be terminated due to weather conditions after 20 minutes of play, the match will be considered official and the score at the time will stand. Referees and Site Coordinators will not consider beginning or continuing matches when a lightning storm exists. The Tournament Director reserves the right to make the following changes in the event of inclement weather:
- Relocate and/or reschedule a match
- Change division structure
- Reduce scheduled duration of match
- Cancel a match
The Tournament Committee, and all sponsors and organizers, will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or club. If the tournament is canceled in its entirety due to inclement weather or other “Acts of God” then refunds will be determined at that time. Refunds will not be issued for any other reason.
Game Reports - The center referee will enter scores.
All judgment decisions of the referee are final and binding.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the tournament and its judgment is final.