AFC Lightning Challenge
We are pleased to host your teams at the 2020 AFC Lightning Challenge. Our top priority is to create as safe of an environment as possible for players, coaches, referees, and spectators. Of course, there will be times in the games when players are competing and close to each other, but at any other time, we want to create a socially distant environment.
We will be following local, state, and US Club Soccer Phase III best practices. We are going to need everyone's cooperation and effort in strictly abiding by tournament protocols. Anyone who refuses to abide by these protocols will be subject to disqualification from the tournament immediately.
- Each player, coach, and the referee should check his or her temperature at home, and refrain from participation if he or she has a fever.
- Spectators must space themselves in a socially distant fashion on the sideline of their child's game and may not sit behind either team's goal.
- There will be a tent provided on each sideline for the players and coach.
- Players must line their bag up 6 feet from their teammates' bags.
- All pre-game and post-game handshakes are to be avoided.
- Substitutes must also space themselves 6 feet apart when not in the game.
- There will be no sharing of water and equipment with teammates. Please make sure to bring an overabundance of water to each game for your child.
- In the event of an injury, family members and any on-site healthcare providers may participate in injury management as necessary, but others should maintain proper social distance.
- Attendees need to maintain a 6 feet bubble as much as possible. Please social distance when walking to and from your child's game.
- Games will be scheduled in two-hour blocks to provide ample time for teams to transition between games.
- Please depart the field promptly after your child's game. Teams and Families will NOT be allowed to hang around after they play.
- Restrooms and additional portable toilets will be on-site at all venues - Maintain a safe social distance when/if in line for the restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be available within the portable toilets, but please bring your own for the precaution of each player.
- AFC Lightning Staff will have masks and gloves on while working at the tournament headquarters.
- Facilities at all venues will be maintained and sanitized throughout the event.
Like you, we're thrilled to be back on the field! Please help us make this a special event and be extra respectful of your opponent, the referees, spectators, and our great game.