Louisiana Fire Juniors
Tournament Rules and Regulations
Updated September 16th, 2017
1. The rules of the tournament will follow the Louisiana Soccer Association Policy 310 “Youth State Tournaments” with the exceptions listed here.
2. NO ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES, SMOKING, OR PETS ALLOWED ON PARK PREMISES AT ANY TIME.
3. Spectators will be allowed to watch games only from the sidelines directly across the field from their team as designated by markings and signs.
4. Only coaches with proper credentials will be allowed on the player’s sidelines.
5. No artificial noisemakers are allowed (bells, horns, etc.)
6. Pedestrians have the right of way on all park roads at all times.
7. The speed limit in the park is 20 MPH.
8. All coaches, players and spectators from all teams are expected to pick up all of their trash on the sidelines after their matches.
1. ALL TEAMS MUST COMPLETE ONLINE CHECK-IN.
2. The following items are required at check in:
a. Laminated player passes for each player and sideline coach
b. Signed medical releases for each player
c. Current copy of their official roster.
d. Approved travel permit if the team is from out of state.
3. Each team must be available to present itself to the game referees five (5) minutes prior to their match for instructions. Coaches are required to have the player passes available for review by the referees at all times during the match. Failure to do so is subject to possible forfeiture to be determined by the Tournament Committee.
C. Guest Players:
Guest players are allowed up to the maximum as specified on the Application to Host.
1. Proper and safe soccer acceptable footwear is required – cleats with a center front stud are prohibited.
2. Every player must wear shin guards that are of proper size to fully protect the player from injury.
3. #4 Ball size will be used for U12 and below games. NO HEADING FROM U12 and BELOW.
4. #5 Ball size will be used for U13 and above games.
1. Players may be substituted freely at any stoppage at the referees discretion.
2. Players entering the game must be admitted at mid-field only and only with the referee’s permission. Players exiting must leave the the field at the closest point of exit with the referee's permission.
F. Home Team:
1. The team listed first on the official schedule will be the Home team.
2. Both team’s benches will occupy the same side of the field with all spectators on the opposite side.
3. The Home team gets its choice of which bench area to occupy. Team benches and coaches are restricted to that half of the field.
4. It is the responsibility of the Home team for changing to an alternate jersey color in the event of a conflict.
5. The Home team is also responsible for presenting a game ball to the Referee prior to the match.
1. A player receiving a second caution in the same game or issued a red card or a coach that is sent off by the referee will be required to leave the playing area.
2. Play will not restart until the player or coach is completely away form the playing area and in the designated area for ejected players and coaches.
3. The referee will confiscate the player/coach pass and will turn it over to the Tournament Officials at the Tournament Headquarters upon completion of the game.
4. Any player or coach sent off from the field will be required to sit out the next scheduled tournament game.
5. The player sitting out the game should report to the Tournament Headquarters for instructions. After the suspension has been served the player /coach pass must be picked up at the Tournament Headquarters.
6. If the player or coach receives a second send off in the tournament that person will not be allowed to participate in the balance of the tournament.
7. Positive coaching from the team bench area is allowed during matches.
8. Each coach is totally responsible for all actions of his players and spectators. Verbal and/or physical abuse by a team player, coach or a team spectator toward other players, spectators or any referee will not be tolerated. VIOLATIONS OF THIS WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF GAME AND/OR TEAM EXPULSION FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
1. Game lengths are as follows unless posted differently at the Tournament Tent:
b. All U-11 to U-12 - 30 minute halves.
c. All U-13 to U-19 - 35 minute halves
2. Each team must present itself to the game referees at mid field five (5) minutes prior to their match for instructions.
3. All half-time intermissions will be 5 minutes.
4. All games may be shortened in the event of inclement weather and/or reduced day light in an effort to complete all scheduled games – go to the clubs’ web site (www.louisianafirejrs.com) for field conditions.
5. Any games terminated by inclement weather will be considered completed games.
The Tournament Committee will determine if any rescheduling as appropriate is required due to the inclement weather
6. Under direction of tournament directors, advised by athletic trainers and physicians, 1 minute hydration breaks may be instituted as mandatory for the safety of players and referees. The break will not interfere with the running clock on the game. Only the center referee may add time to the end of the half to compensate for the stoppage.
7. All other rules will be taken from most recent update to IFAB laws of the game.
I. Bracket Scoring:
1. Bracket scoring will be based on a three point system.
Win = 3 points / Draw = 1 point / Loss = 0 points
2. Forfeits will be scored as a 4 – 0 win for the non-forfeiting team. Any team that forfeits a match shall be declared ineligible for other matches and may not be allowed to participate in next year’s tournament.
3. Any Wild Card and bracket winners from the same bracket will not meet each other in the Semi –final games.
4. Referees and tournament officials will be responsible for collecting results of matches and recording and reporting the results.
5. Coaches or team managers are responsible for reviewing all scores. Match results will be available at the Tournament Headquarters.
J. Bracket Winners:
The following guidelines will be used to determine the bracket winners based on the number of teams in the age group:
Four Teams: Teams play three games all within the bracket. The top two teams will advance to the finals.
Six Teams: Teams will play two bracket games and one cross-bracket game. If you play two bracket games and one cross-bracket game the winner of each bracket will advance to the final.
Eight Teams: Teams will be split into two 4-team brackets and play three games all within their bracket. Bracket winners as determined by the teams with the most accumulated points will play for the championship.
Ten Teams: Teams will be split into one 4-team bracket and two 3-team brackets. 4-team bracket will play three bracket games with winner of bracket advancing to the finals. 3-team brackets will play two bracket games with a placement games on Sunday. Winner of 1st vs 1st placement game will advance to the finals.
Twelve Teams: Teams will be split into four 3-team brackets. Teams will play two bracket games on Saturday and a placement game on Sunday. Winners of the 1st vs 1st games will advance to the finals.
K. Tie Breakers:
1. In the event of a points tie at the end of bracket play; winners and runner-up will be determined in the following order:
a. Head-to-Head bracket game results.
b. Goal differential for bracket games. “Goals for” minus “goals against” with a maximum differential of four (4) per game.
c. Fewest goals allowed in all bracket games, maximum goals are not considered.
d. Total shutout games.
e. Penalty Kicks in accordance to FIFA rules.
2. In the event of a draw in a Semi-final or Final game the following will apply:
a. Semi-final games: Straight to kicks from the mark in accordance to FIFA rules.
b. Championship games: Two full 5-minute overtime periods, NO SUDDEN-VICTORY. If there is still a draw, the game will be determined by kicks from the mark in accordance to FIFA rules.
NO PROTESTS ARE ALLOWED, THE REFEREE DECISION IS FINAL.
M. Tournament Committee:
1. Is responsible for all scheduling decisions, hears all complaints & suggestions, and interprets tournament rules.
2. The Tournament Committee will not overrule a referee’s decision.
3. The Tournament Committee will rule regarding any issues not covered in these rules and their ruling will be final.
4. The Tournament committee is made up of the following members:
a. Tournament Directors
b. Referee Assignor
c. LA Fire President
d. LA Fire VP Youth
e. LA Fire VP Operations.
N. Field Marshalls:
Observe games and enforce sideline and decorum rules (i.e. no alcoholic beverages or artificial noisemakers allowed on the field or sidelines)
O. Important Notes:
1. Louisiana Fire prohibits the drinking of alcoholic beverages and smoking near the soccer fields. Coaches please remember that you are responsible for your parent’s behavior.
2. PARENTS: PLEASE TAKE CARE TO WATCH YOUR NONPLAYING CHILDREN.
3. COACHES: PLEASE HAVE YOUR TEAM PICK UP THEIR TRASH AFTER EACH GAME.
1. Tournament cancelled prior to start will receive a full refund less $100 for processing and expenses already incurred.
2. Tournament cancelled after the start of games will receive a refund according to the following:
a. Cancelled during Saturday games: teams will receive 50% of the entry fee.
b. Cancelled before the start of Sunday; teams will receive 25% of the entry fee.
c. Cancelled during Sunday games; teams will receive NO REFUND.