- This tournament is open to currently registered USYSA and US Club teams composed of no more than 18 players in the U-13 through U-18 divisions. The U-11and U-12 divisions will carry a roster of 14 players. The U-8, U-9, & U-10 divisions will carry a roster of 12 players or less. All teams must be currently registered with their state, national or provincial association, and all USYSA player passes must be furnished for each tournament contestant at registration.
- A maximum of three guest players may be added to the official state or tournament roster but not to exceed the maximum number allowed per roster as stated above.
- Rosters and guest player forms must be presented at registration. Note: Guest player forms must be signed by State approved representative.
- No player shall be allowed to register with more than one team in an age group.
- Any team outside of the West Virginia Soccer Association must have travel permission forms filed out, with the exception of those teams registered with US Soccer.
- Medical Release forms must be completed, signed by a parent or guardian. Forms must be presented at registration.
- Teams having both boys and girls on their roster will play in the boys division.
LENGTH OF GAMES:
U8 6 players plus keeper 2-25 minute halves #4
U9 6 players plus keeper 2-25 minute halves #4
U10 6 players plus keeper 2-25 minute halves #4
U12 8 players plus keeper 2-30 minute halves #4
U14 10 players plus keeper 2-35 minute halves #5
U16 10 players plus keeper 2-35 minute halves #5
U18 10 players plus keeper 2-35 minute halves #5
The clock will be started on the game time! The tournament director will decide forfeits. We will try to accommodate any problems because we want the children to play the games. U10 age group, a minimum of 5 players, including the goalkeeper, is required to start or continue a match. At all other age groups, a minimum of 7 players, including the goalkeeper, is required
All round robin games will be scored by World Cup Format.
3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
0 points for a loss
TIES AFTER ROUND ROBIN PLAY.
1) Head to head for two teams.
2) Goal differential up to three
3) Goals allowed
4) Shoot out
TIES DURING PLAYOFFS AND CHAMPIONSHIP.
1) Two full, 5 minute extra time periods (no golden goal)
If still tied - Kicks from the penalty mark
DETERMINATION OF STANDINGS.
1) Three-team group – Following round robin play second and third place teams will play and winner will face first place team to decide championship.
2) Four-team group – Following round robin play the top two teams play for the championship.
3) Five-team group – Following round robin play the top team is considered the champion.
4) Six-team group – Following round robin play in two groups the top two teams in each group plays semi-final and winners play for the championship.
5) Seven-team group – Following round robin play in two groups the top teams in each group plays for the championship.
6) Eight-team group – Following round robin play the top team in each group will play for the championship.
HOME TEAM AND UNIFORMS:
1) The team listed first is the home team. The home team will change jerseys if, in the opinion of the referee, there is a conflict. The home team will provide the appropriate game ball except where it is provided by the YMCA. Shin guards are mandatory. Hard casts or any protruding metal will not be allowed.
RULES OF PLAY:
1) Rules of WVSA and FIFA, except where otherwise noted.
2) Unlimited substitutions at any stoppage with the consent of the referee.
3) We will play offsides for U8/U9/U10 age divisions.
WEATHER, GRACE PERIODS, CHANGES, or TERMINATIONS:
1) Games cancelled due to weather will be made up if possible but will not be cause for reimbursement. Every effort will be made to play all games, but due to time limitations games could be cancelled or shortened.
2) Teams will be given a ten-minute grace period before the tournament director can call a forfeit. Forfeits will give the winning team 3 points and a goal differential of 3.
3) Due to weather conditions if sweatshirts or long sleeve shirts are worn they must be under the uniform. This is also true for sweatpants. Hats may be worn if determined not to be hazardous by the referee.
4) It is the responsibility of the team to learn of any schedule changes - either time or field.
5) Teams should allow sufficient time to arrive and register promptly. It is the team’s responsibility to know traffic patterns, problems or detours.
6) If a referee terminates a game for reasons other than weather or field conditions, the Tournament Director will decide the result of the game.
EJECTIONS: 1) Anyone ejected will not be able to participate in the next
match. Serious infractions could result in ejection from the tournament, if deemed necessary by the tournament director.
PROTESTS: 1) All protests must be in writing and accompanied by a fee of $200. All referee decisions are final and beyond protest.
TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, or ILLEGAL DRUG USE:
1) YMCA prohibits the use of tobacco products at youth events. Please refrain from its use while on touchlines or around the facilities where youth are present.
2) YMCA prohibits the use of or being under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs at its competitions.
3) Persons suspected of alcohol or illegal drugs, regardless of where the alcohol was consumed or the drug was used. Will be removed from the area of competition.