*If NASA Tophat must cancel this event due to COVID-19, all teams will be refunded their full Registration fee.
Prior to participation, staff should obtain verbal confirmation from each participating player that: (this is covered by our COVID-19 Waiver)
* Each player, coach, and referee should check his/her temperature at home, and refrain from participation if he or she has a fever (≥100.4 degrees F).
* All coaches, players, referees, and other attendees should be monitoring for symptoms at home to ensure that:
a) He/she has not had any close contact with a sick individual or anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 30 days.
b) He/she has not had a documented case of COVID-19 in the last 30 days;
c) He/she is not currently demonstrating or suffering from any ill symptoms in the last 14 days.
d) Any individual who is unable to confirm these criteria should be restricted from participation and contact both their club and their healthcare provider.
* These criteria should be confirmed verbally on arrival as follows:
a) Each participating player should confirm that they have met the above requirements of no known symptoms or exposures with the lead coach of their team.
b) The lead coach from each participating team should confirm with the lead coach of the opposing team that all participating players and staff have met the above requirements of no known symptoms or exposures.
c) All referees should confirm individually with both lead coaches that all referees have met the above requirements of no known symptoms or exposures.
d) Any individual who is unable to confirm these criteria should be restricted from participation and contact their healthcare provider.
During Competition: *Games will be spaced out to allow for more time in between games to help maintain social distancing amongst tournament participants and spectators.
* Soccer play can be conducted as normal with the following exceptions:
a) Team pre-game and post-game handshakes should be avoided.
b) Handshakes or contact in substitution should be avoided.
c) Physical contact should be avoided during celebrations and post-game activities.
d) Social distancing should be ensured between players and coaches on the sideline during play and during any individual or group conversations throughout the competition (pre-game, half-time, post-game).
e) No player, coach, or spectator should violate social distancing guidelines with a referee at any time.
f) Teams will not turn in a game card for this event. Referees will already have game cards on site. Officials will not check or require the collection of player passes. Venue Managers will distribute Game Cards to officials prior to games. (There will be more time in between games to allow for this to take place)
g) Team Managers and Coaches will not hand in a game card to the official. Officials will turn in game cards to the venue manager when they check out at the end of their time at the fields to get paid.
h) The Home Team will enter scores digitally with the Visiting Team verifying the score for each game.
i) Following US Club Soccer 'Return to Play Guidelines' as well as local governing body policies regarding the COVID virus NTH Facilities are deemed "Face Mask Zones''. Expectations at NTH facilities will be that anyone who is not playing wears a mask. Players and Referees are not required to wear face masks during games. This is because masks may obscure vision, increase respiratory challenges, or increase other injury risks while being physically active.
Here is a video with more information.
Please make yourself familiar with our Facility Protocol as you gear up for the fields! We appreciate your cooperation on this!
Keep the kids playing, wear a mask!
j) Players on the sideline or bench should remain socially distanced (6 feet apart) – including during pre-game, half-time, and post-game discussions. *Benches have been removed from all fields to encourage social distancing. Teams may put tents up as long as social distancing is being practiced.
* All attendees should always maintain social distancing guidelines during arrival and departure from competition. Signage will be put up to direct the movement of teams as they enter and exit the field.
* Spectators should remain off the field, practice proper social distancing and utilize masks or cloth facial coverings throughout the event in accordance with local and national guidelines. Expectations at NTH facilities will be that anyone who is not playing wears a mask.
* In the event of an injury, staff may assess and facilitate management of the injured individual in accordance with proper first aid management. Family members and any on-site healthcare providers may participate in injury management as necessary, but others should maintain proper social distance.
* When visiting a trainer on site for any reason players, parents and coaches who are within 6 feet of the trainer, must wear a mask during that time.
* It is recommended that participating clubs keep an attendance record of coaches and staff for all competitions to allow for optimized case reporting and contact tracing.
Equipment: Suggestions to Coaches
* Team areas should be separated from spectators and each other so that teams and attendees will not touch the same surfaces (benches, for example).
* Shared surfaces, soccer balls, discs, and any other equipment should be disinfected before and after each game.
* Training vests can be shared between team members, but this should be minimized or eliminated if possible. Vests should be washed before and after each day of use.
* Players and referees should bring their own equipment (hand sanitizer, water bottle, towels, etc.) that should not be shared between individuals.
* Equipment used by staff (cones, for example) should not be handled by players or other attendees and should be disinfected after use.
* Facilities at all venues will be maintained and sanitized throughout the event.