Note: all age groups are for both recreational and competitive divisions (boys and girls). In unexpected instances where there are less than four teams in an age group and or based on skill level, your team may be flighted with the same skill one age group older.
The following policies are in place are to preserve the integrity of the tournament:
REFUND POLICY: We understand that there will be no refunds granted for any reason after the registration deadline closes.This includes team withdrawal for ANY reason (including, but not limited to injury, change of mind, last minute schedule change, etc),
BAD WEATHER POLICY: In case of inclement weather, the Event Director reserves the right to reduce the number of scheduled games and/or the time of games and/or postpone or delay game times and/or cancel the event. Every effort will be made to complete games and the tournament. Entry fees are non-refundable after registration deadlines.
AGE BRACKETING POLICY: We strive to provide single age group bracketing in every tournament that we host. However, that is dependent on tournament entries. If we have less than 3 teams entered into an age division, that age division will be combined with either one age group up or one age group down. ALL players on the team must be the declared team age or lower. No players or teams are allowed to play down without prior approval from the Director. Violation of this policy will result in forfeiture of all games and the team’s removal from the tournament.
TEAM COMPETING LEVEL DECLARATION: Please properly declare your team’s strength (competitive, semi-competitive, and recreational). It helps us with proper bracketing, particularly if we are able to provide gold and silver brackets.
Tournament Rules For 3v3 Soccer Ole' (see 5v5 rules below)
Team Rosters & Applications:
• All players must have proof of identification (see check in below)
• A maximum of 6 players is allowed on the roster, with only 3 playing at one time.
• Rosters / I.D must be present at the field for the duration of the game.
• No changes or substitutions to rosters after a team’s first game. All rosters are final upon completion of the team’s first game. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You CANNOT skip check in! You will be given a starter ticket to give the ref once you check in. You will not be able to play without it.
You must have either a birth certificate or players card for each rostered player, along with a copy of our waiver signed by each parent. THE WAIVER THAT YOU TURN IN TO US IS YOUR OFFICIAL ROSTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT. You can make as many changes as you want to your team between now and check-in, as long as no player is older than the age group that you signed up for, and no boys are added to girls teams.
U9-U12: Length – 40 yards, width – 30 yards.
U6-U8: Length – 30 yards, width – 20 yards.
The goal box is 8 feet wide by 6 feet long; **Players are not allowed to touch the ball in the goal box. The goals are 4 feet high by 6 feet wide.
**Offensive team is awarded with a direct kick. (Direct Kick info below)
**Defensive team is awarded with a goal kick.
A goal may be scored only from a touch within a team’s offensive half of the field.
The game consists of two 12 minute halves separated by a two minute halftime period OR the first team to reach 12 goals, whichever comes first. No timeouts!
U11 & up: It is a direct kick taken from the middle of the half-field line
U6-U10: It is a direct kick taken 10 yards from the goal line.
If shot does not reach the goal, it becomes a goal kick.
No rebounds. Goal kick.
Dead Ball in the Box: Drop ball from the half field line.
Goal Kicks: 6 seconds to take the goal kick or offensive team will be awarded with a corner kick.
All are indirect and the ball is kicked into play from the sidelines instead of thrown in.
Goal Kick (Dribble in): Player has 6 seconds to take the goal kick or dribble it in from the goal line. Offensive team will be awarded with a corner kick if a decision is not made in 6 sec. Five yard rule is applied to goal kicks (dribble in option).
All are indirect kicks, except Penalty Kicks.
Five Yard Rule: In all dead-ball situations, defending players must stand at least five yards away from the ball.
If the defensive player’s goal is closer than five yards, the ball shall be played five yards from the goal box in line with the direction of play prior to the penalty.
• Co-ed teams must have a minimum of 1 female on the field at all times.
• Minimum to start is 2 players or for co-eds:1 female and 1 male.
• Teams that play a player not on the roster will be disqualified
• Teams must wear identically colored shirts. Numbers are highly suggested and should coincide with rosters.
• The home team (first listed on schedule) must change if color conflict
• Scheduled games may be reduced or shortened, due to rain or unforeseen circumstances.
• NO OFFSIDES
• Each game will have one Referee, who will call fouls, keep time, and monitor substitutions.
• Overtime periods will be 5 minutes each way (semi-final and final only).
Slide tackling resulting in contact with any player(s) from the opposite team is not allowed (indirect free kick awarded).
Players may slide tackle to stop/intercept a ball (no contact with opposite player (s)). Example: a player may slide to save a ball from going out-of-bounds.
Hand Ball Clarification:
Deliberate handling of the ball that denies a team of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity will result in the following: (1) A penalty kick (at the discretion of the referee) (2) A yellow or red card given to the player committing the hand ball (at the discretion of the referee).
Scoring Point System:
• Win = 6 points
Loss = 0 points
Defensive Shutout = 1 point
Tie = 3 points
Game forfeit = 7 points
RULES for 5v5 Soccer Ole’ (see 3v3 rules above)
· U13/U14 combined division & a High School division for U15 -U18. U19 and up must sign up in the adult division.
FIELD OF PLAY Dimensions:
· 35 yds wide x 45 yds long Penalty Area.
· Box measuring 2-3 yds from each post, and 6 yds into field (deep).
· Penalty Mark: 10 yds from the mid-point of the goal line.
· Substitution Zones: 6 yds zone (3 yds on each side of halfway-line) on the bench side of the pitch.
· The Goals: 6ft high x 18ft wide.
THE BALL Size: #5 regulation Ball
MINIMUM NUMBER OF GAMES: 4
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
· 5 including GK minimum number of players to start match: 4, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper
· 9 players maximum Roster. No substitution Limit:
· Substitution Method: "Flying substitution" (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee's consent)
DURATION OF THE GAME: Two equal periods of 12 minutes. Half-time: 2-3 minutes
FOULS AND MISCONDUCT – FIFA Rules.
· All Free Kicks are INDIRECT. Penalty Kicks will be used if foul in the box and for tie-breakers – Final/Consolation
· PENALTY KICK To be taken from the penalty mark, 10 yards from goal line. All players must be out of the penalty area.
OFFSIDE – There is no offside in 5v5.
A KICK-IN will be taken in place of the throw-in.
FREE KICK/KICK-IN – distance from the ball – 5 yards.
· From inside the penalty area, the goalkeeper rolls the ball into play.
· Ball must be played within own half or touch the ground within own half. Ball must clear the Penalty Area for an opponent to play it. A teammate may play the ball within the PA.
OFFICIALS / REFEREES Single Referee will call the games.
RESTART TIME LIMIT – Restart must take place within 5 seconds or the ball is awarded to the opposing team (enforcement to take place gradually).
PASS BACK TO GK – GK may not handle the ball.
· Players, coaches and spectators are expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship at all times. Abuse of the referees will not be tolerated. Any instance of such conduct will lead to ejection without refund for the offending team.
***NO SLIDING TACKLES WITH BODY CONTACT ALLOWED.
The below rules cover both 3v3 and 5v5
• The referee has the right to refuse entry into the game any player who, in the Referee’s opinion, is wearing dangerous or illegal equipment.
• Casts-properly padded are legal. It is the referee’s discretion if a cast is properly padded or not. If a player tries to use a cast in the game to his/her advantage in a striking manner, a red card penalty will be issued immediately.
• There will be no limit on the amount of substitutions a team makes, as long as co-ed teams meet the necessary requirements (1 female)
• Substitutions are “on the fly”, meaning at any time during the game. This includes when the ball is live, at free-kicks and throw-ins, goal-kicks and corner-kicks for or against.
• Players must leave the field of play before being replaced.
• Substitutions must be made at the half way line. Free-kicks may be awarded if not done so.
• The clock is continuous. The Referee may stop the clock if, in his/her opinion, there is a possible extended delay in the game (e.g. serious injury). The clock will not stop on minor injuries (e.g. player hit by ball). It is the Referee’s discretion to decide between a minor injury and a serious injury.
Sportsmanship: Good sportsmanship is to prevail at all times. Coaches will be held responsible for the conduct of themselves, their players, players’ parents and spectators. Cautioned Players (Yellow Card):
Coach/Parent Ejection: Referees have the right to eject a coach or parent from any game for continual disobedience or as a result of an incident that warrants ejection. Coaches or parents whom are ejected by the referee or tournament official must leave the field and area around the field before play will continue. If a coach or parent refuses to leave, the game will be forfeited in favor of the opposing team.
- Yellow/Red Cards:
• Any player receiving a red card will automatically be required to miss the next game. If a team is found to be playing the next game with a player that received a red card in the previous game, that team may be forced to forfeit that game and/or their next game (at the Tournament Director’s discretion). The Tournament Director reserves the right to review any and all red card offenses and take further action upon the player, coach or trainer if the offense is deemed violent or abusive in any such manner.
• Player Ejection (Red Card): Referees have the right to eject a player or coach from the game for continual disobedience or as a result of an incident that warrants sending
The team may then continue with their remaining two, three or four players, however, if the player receiving the red card was on the field of play, the team must complete the entire game a player short. Players or coaches that are red carded must leave the immediate playing area, including the fan and team areas. If the player delays or refuses to leave, the game will be forfeited in favor of opposing team (regardless of the score at the time of the incident).
**If player(s) is (are) issued red card(s) for fighting, player(s) will be ejected from the tournament and is (are) subject to removal from the facility for the duration of the event.
• Players that receive two yellow cards in one game will result in a red card. (Please see red card rule). Any player accumulating three yellow cards during a tournament will automatically be suspended for their next game (no exceptions).
• The Tournament Director reserves the right to disqualify any team, player, coach or spectator who strikes threatens, physically or verbally, any participant or spectator.
NOTE: IF ANY PLAYER, COACH OR TEAM IS DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN
• Forfeited games will result in 9 points. However, if the game has begun and a team has to forfeit for any reason, the score on the field at the time of the forfeit will stand in the point system.
• A game will be a forfeit if: (a) a scheduled team is not ready to play within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. The Referee may extend this time to 5 minutes if he/she feels circumstances should allow. (b) A team does not have the minimum number of players needed to participate.
• Coaches must check-in and sign the Referee’s score card at the end of the game. The game is not official until all required documents are signed.
• THERE WILL BE NO PROTESTS
• To determine preliminary winners and runners up, if necessary:
• Winner of head to head competition
• Highest goal differential (goals for minus goals against) up to 5 per game.
• Least total goals against.
• Most total goals for.
• Most shut outs.
• Least number of negative points for yellow or red cards issued against team.
• Red Card = 3 negative points
• Yellow Card = 1 negative point
• Penalty Kicks
• For semi-finals and final games
• Two 5 minute overtime periods.
• If still tied, best 3 penalty kicks (MLS) by 3 players of each team.
• If still tied, alternate penalty kicks shall continue until first team misses.
• Only players on the field of play at the end of overtime may participate in taking of the penalty kicks.
In case of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions the tournament director reserves the right to any of the following actions:
• Delay play for a period of time
• Reduce game times in order to: catch up to schedule, finish games before inclement weather arrives, or preserve field conditions
• Reschedule games
• Cancel the tournament
• Reschedule the tournament for a later date
Note: all age groups are for both recreational and competitive divisions (boys and girls). In unexpected instances where there are less than four teams in an age group and skill level, your team maybe flighted with the same skill one age group older.
Boys and Girls: U6-12 (3V3 ONLY)
Boys and Girls: U13/14 and High School (U15-U18 5V5 ONLY)
Coed (U19 and up):
Men’s Open (U19 and up)
Men’s Over 30 (all players must be)
Men’s Over 40 (all players must be)
Women’s Open (U19 and up)
Women’s Over 30 (all players must be)
NO OFFSIDES IN 3-V-3 or 5-V-5 SOCCER
SHINGUARDS ARE MANDATORY
NO SLIDE TACKLING
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST CARRY PROOF OF AGE
For more info, please contact Ken Haley email@example.com , 901-491 1604.