Auburn Soccer Showdown (Updated January 2022)
1. Each team must have numbered alternate jerseys or numbered T-shirts available. Violators will be removed from the field and not allowed back on the field of play until the player’s equipment is corrected.
Home Team is the team listed first on the schedule. The Home Team (Lighter Color) will change jerseys if there is a color conflict.
2. A game shall be declared a forfeit if a team is not ready to play at the published time within five (5) minutes of the games and within ten (10) minutes of the full-length games. At half time the teams must be ready to resume play within five (5) minutes of the referee's designation.
3. A game shall be declared a forfeit by the Auburn Soccer Showdown Tournament Director if an ineligible player participates in a game. Any protest of an ineligible player must be reported in writing, with either a two hundred dollar bill ($200.00) cashiers check, money order, or cash deposit, before the end of the game to the tournament field headquarters.
4. Game format will be as follows:
EACH TEAM will play a minimum of 3 preliminary games before moving onto the semi-finals or finals. Only the top-scoring teams will advance to the championship rounds. Academy teams must submit the tournament roster provided by the tournament.
DIVISION | GAME LENGTH | BALL SIZE | ROSTER PLAYERS | GUESTS
7U – 8U (4v4) | 16 Minute Halves | 3 | 8 incl 3 Guest (Kick Ins / Half Way Build Out Line)
9U – 10U (7V7) | 25 Minute Halves | 4 | 14 incl 3 Guest (Throw ins / Build Out Line)
11U – 12U (9V9) | 30 Minute Halves | 4 | 18 incl 4 Guest (No Heading)
13U – 14U (11V11) | 35 Minute Halves | 5 | 22 incl 5 Guest
15U – 19U (11V11) | 35 Minute Halves | 5 | 22 incl 5 Guest
Divisions / Brackets / Wildcards / Semi – Finals / Finals
- Divisions with one or more four (4) team brackets, the two teams with total highest points from each bracket will advance.
- Divisions with a combination of three (3) and/or four (4) team brackets (eg. one four (4) team bracket and two (2) three (3) team brackets = ten (10) teams) that play each other within the division, the teams with the highest total points from each bracket will advance as bracket winners, as well as the next team/s with the next highest point total will advance as wild cards. The number of wildcard teams will be determined by the number of brackets in the flight.
- Divisions with two (2) three (3) team brackets that play one crossover game with the other three team bracket, the two (2) highest total point teams from each bracket will advance. Preliminary games may end in a tie.
>> If Quarter-Final games end in a tie, IFAB "kicks" from the penalty spot will be taken to determine the winner.
>> If Semi-Final or Final games end in a tie, IFAB "kicks" from the penalty spot will be taken to determine the winner after overtime.
- Players may not play on multiple teams as sanctioned by Alabama Soccer Association
Auburn Soccer Showdown scoring system for games will be as follows:
a. 3 points for a win
b. 1 points for a tie
c. 0 points for a loss
d. 1 point per goal scored in the game with a maximum of 3
e. 1 point for a shut out win (not allowing the opponent to score)
f. A forfeit game will be scored at a 3-0 win in calculating game points for tiebreaker
If two or more teams are tied in points after their games are completed, the following tiebreaker procedures will be used to determine the team advancing:
A) Head to Head game results - winner will advance.
B) Goal differential - the team with the highest goal differential against opponents will advance, (maximum of 3) goals scored - goals against. Only the first 3 goals scored by any team in any game will be counted in calculating winning points for advancement. (Example: A 4-1 game = 3-1 in calculating advancement; a 10-4 game = 3-3 in calculating advancement).
C) Fewest goals allowed - the team with the fewest goals allowed will advance.
D) Most goals scored - the team with the most goals will advance (limit of 4 goals per game).
E) Most number of "shut-outs" - the team with most "shut-outs" will advance.
F) Penalty kicks.
These tiebreaker procedures will be applied, in order, to the teams tied in points until one team is declared a winner.
There will be a free substitution, with the referee's consent, at the following times:
- A player receiving a yellow card (the player carded only)
- Prior to a throw-in for the team in possession only
- Prior to a goal kick
- After a goal by either team
- After an injury, when the referee stops the play
- At half time by either team
- In case of extreme heat, at the referees' discretion
7. Any send-offs should be reported to the tournament field headquarters immediately following the game. Any player or coach sent-off shall automatically sit out the next played tournament game. If the send-off was for fighting, or if it is the player's second tournament send-off, the player will be suspended from the
remainder of the tournament. Any player receiving two (2) cautions (yellow cards) in a game must sit out the next played tournament game. The Alabama Soccer & Games Committee has the right to hold a hearing and increase the suspension at its discretion.
8. All referee decisions are final. No protests will be allowed, except for ineligible players. Any protest that is filed, must be accompanied by a two hundred dollar ($200) deposit, payable by cash or cashier’s check or money order. Protests must be submitted within one (1) hour of the end of the game in question.
9. The Auburn Soccer Showdown Tournament Director, or their designee, is empowered to make all decisions regarding the competition during the tournament.
10. The decision of the Auburn Soccer Showdown Tournament Director is final in all matters. No appeals will be allowed beyond that point.
11. In the event the referee or assistant referee is missing from the field, report immediately to your Field Coordinator. In the event the assistant referee is not available, each team is required to provide a "club linesman".
12. If a game is played into the second half but is stopped short of full time, other than acts on the part of one of the teams, the game shall be considered complete. Full-length games, if tied will be determined by the tiebreaker procedure.
13. In the event of inclement weather, the format for tournament play and/or completion of the tournament will be determined by the Auburn Soccer Showdown Tournament Director
14. All scores shall be turned into the Field Coordinator by the Referee as well by the managers of each team. Failure to do so by the managers can result in the loss of points or standings.
15. Net and Flags and Referees: All nets and flags will be supplied and referees will be paid for by the tournament.
16. Any team that withdraws from the tournament after being accepted will not be eligible for a refund on the tournament entry fee.
17. In case of rain - HARD RAIN, NOT A SPRINKLE - call the hotline number 404-713-5043 or check the website at auburnthunder.com for weather updates. If inclement weather cancels the tournament prior to the start of the first scheduled game, 25% of the entry fee will be retained by the tournament to cover the start-up cost of the tournament. For any assistance needed, see the Auburn Soccer Showdown tournament officials.
Auburn Soccer Showdown Director: Warren van der Westhuizen
email@example.com | 404-713-5043