Please make sure you read the USSF PDI Mandates for 2017-2018,(tab in menu) Mandates are in effect
These rules are designed for CLAS. The league director shall administer the rules as stated, but reserves the right to adjust and/or amend any rules if necessary to accommodate unforeseen problems or circumstances before and during the tournament except as stated. Otherwise the FIFA Laws of the Game shall apply.
Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
A. Inclement Weather
Only the referee or the league may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule
matches and/or cancel the tournament. If the entire tournament should be canceled after play
has begun, teams shall not receive a credit or refund.
1. If inclement weather causes the referee to stop the match at any time and conditions do not permit the restart of the match within the scheduled time, the score will stand, as it was at the time the game was stopped.
2. If a match is delayed from starting due to weather conditions, it will be started as soon as weather permits within the scheduled time frame and will conclude at the scheduled time.
3. If no portion of the match is played, best efforts will be made to reschedule the match though no such guarantee is made. There will be neither refund nor credits for any match cancellations.
B. Credentials Check
1. All teams must register.
2. All teams must be able to present their approved state or US Club Soccer roster with jersey
numbers at registration. All teams must have a copy of the roster for the referees to check at each match.
3. All teams must provide medical release forms for each player they are registering.
4. Roster Limits (above this must get league approval from league director)
U4/5 and U6/7 roster limit is 10
U9-U10 roster limit is 12
U11-12 roster limit is 14
U12 (11v11) & up roster limit is 18
5. Guest players (up to 3) are included in the roster limits and all guest players must present player
passes, travel permits, guest player requests and medical releases to be eligible for
6. All coach/player passes and rosters will be verified prior to the start of the match by referees.
1. All player uniforms should be identical.
2. All jerseys shall be tucked in completely prior to start of play.
3. All jerseys shall have a number affixed to the back of the jersey.
4. No two players on the same team should have the same number while on the field of play.
5. Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
6. Pants or leggings of all field players should match the primary color of the uniform shorts.
7. Goal keepers shall wear a jersey distinctive from all field players, the other goal keeper and
also the game officials.
8.Per FIFA no type of Jewelry is allowed.
D. **Length of matches and ball sizes
Age Group Length Ball size
U18,19 Two 40 minute halves 5
U17 Two 40 minute halves 5
U15, 16 Two 40 minute halves 5
U13, 14 Two 35 minute halves 5
U12 Two 25 minute halves 4
U11 Two 25 minute halves 4
U9/10 Two 25 minute halves 4
U8 Two 20 minute halves 4
U4/5 and U6/7 Four 8 minute quarters 3
Note: Halftime shall be five minutes. can be shortened as needed to keep games on time
**stoppage time is kept by refs as needed
Referees shall start matches on time and check in players.
Unlimited substitutions may be made with the consent of the center referee under the following conditions:
1. After a goal by either team
2. Before a throw-in in your favor
3. Before a goal kick by either team.
4. In the event of an injury by either team, a like number of players may be substituted.
5. No substitutions allowed for a player ejected from the field.
6. In the event a team must substitute when a player who is bleeding or has an open wound, the player may return at the next legal substitution opportunity only after the wound has been
properly treated and checked by the referee or assistant referee.
7. All players substituting shall have their jerseys completely tucked in an d shall report to the
center stripe to await acknowledgment of permission of the Center Referee prior to entering the field of play.
8. No player shall leave the field of play without permission of the Center Referee.
1. Coaches should keep coaching from the sidelines to a minimum. If persistent infractions occur, the referee will warn the offending coach and take appropriate action. Harassment of players on the sidelines will not be tolerated.
2. Only properly credentialed participants shall be on the team sideline
3. Parents sit opposite their team bench across the field without being on the sideline where the penalty box is or 10 yards from the halfline
4. Coaches, players, and spectators will remain two yards behind the touchline.
5. No one is to sit or stand behind the goal
6. Parents, Coaches, Managers, or Players who are ejected for issues with a referee will face disciplanary hearing
12. Team and Spectator LocationThe teams will sit on the opposite side of the field from the spectators. Teams will be separated by the table/bench/chairs for the referees or halfway line. Spectators are to remain behind the sideline on the half of the field directlyacross from their own team’s bench.13. Coaching from SidelinesLimited coaching from inside the team’s respective technical area is permitted. The technical area will be defined as the area 5 feet off the team’ssideline and within 10 feet parallel to the touchline but not to cross over into the opponent’shalf or equal to the area adjacent to the penalty box. Coaches may not leave this technical area or enter the field of play without permission from the Referee.14.Team Bench SupervisionThe Head Coach, Assistant Coach, or Club DOC are the only people listed on a roster who may start the game. Other personnel will not be allowed to start an official match. ONLY rostered personnel maysupervise a TSLteam at all times at the team bench area. Rostered personnel are required to provide the Referee with a pass,as provided by TSSAcertifying that they have undergone registration withthe team/club. If by sendoff or emergency, a team does not have rostered personnelto supervisethe team during aTSLgame, then the game shall be forfeited and a $500 fine tobe imposed. Should there be an extenuating circumstance that warrants a manager to start or coach a game this may be done with approval from the TSL commission. This approval MUST be attained prior to the start of the match.
1.Divisional winners will be determined by the following 10 point system: (forfeits are scored as a 2-0 win)
a. Win - 6 points
b. TIE - 3 points
c. Loss - 0 points
d. Shutout - 1 point
e. 1 point per goal up to a maximum of 3 goals or points per match
1. Head to head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Goal Differential (up to max of 3 goals per game)
3. Least goals allowed of all matched played
4. Most goals scored (maximum of 3 goals per match)
5. Most shutouts
6. If still tied - Penalty kicks between the two teams.
No Protests allowed
on any suspension/ ejection / or excessive number of cards offending person(s) may be required to meet with the league prior to any reinstatement as well as serve any and all applicable punishment metted out through any of the governing bodies of soccer and CLAS League.
I. 9v9 Rules pertaining to punting and heading
for any game in CLAS in the 9v9 format the rules are as follows:
if both teams are U-11 (with only U-11 or younger players) - then there is no heading and no punting
if either team has a U-12 player then that team is deemed a U-12 team as players cannot "play down", if either team is a U-12 team then the game itself is thereby deemed a U-12 divisional game and therefore heading and punting are allowed.
J. FIFA LAWS of the GAME
please make sure to pay refs prior to games, refs are not paid during prejam or clasjam only league games. all teams must pay 30 days prior to event or late fees are assessed.
all games are by format and not specific age group or gender. Any injuries occurring during play or through the consequence of the games are covered only through your clubs and tnsoccer or usclub insurance.