Winter Jam Rules
- Senior teams consist of 6 field players and a keeper. Junior teams consist of 7 field players and a keeper.
- Players & keepers can only play for one team
- Games are 25 minutes long with no halftime
- No slide tackling
- Substitutions are on the fly
- The keeper may slide to make a save if they begin to slide in the box
- The ball must be played within five seconds from when the keeper gained possession
- Keepers may only throw the ball out from the goal area
- Keepers cannot collect back passes with their hands
- All kicks are direct
- Kicks must be taken within 5 seconds of being placed
- Players must remain 5 feet from the ball on restarts. Encroachment is an automatic yellow card.
- If the ball hits the ceiling, light, or goes out of bounds it is out of play and restarted on the sideline nearest to where it left play.
Cautions and Ejections:
- Yellow and red cards will be given per FIFA rules with the following exceptions:
- A yellow card for slide tackling
- A person receiving a yellow card must be substituted. A field player may be substituted in place of the keeper
- A player ejected from a game for fighting shall be suspended for the remainder of the tournament. The team will play short for the rest of the game.
- A player receiving a red card will miss the next game and the team will play short for the remainder of the game.
Ties and Overtime:
- Games in regular play may end in a tie
- If a game is tied during semifinals or finals, the teams will play overtime removing a player from each team after every 2 minutes. At the start of overtime, each coach will have already removed one player.
3 points = win
1 point = tie
0 points = loss
If 2 or more teams tie with total points, we will go by the following criteria in rank order:
- Head to head
- Goal differential
- Goals scored
- Goals against
Refund/Inclement Weather Policy:
All teams must show up ready to play at field site, regardless of weather. Any inclement weather decision will be made by JCFC and Tusculum College. Matches will be forfeited if a team does not show as scheduled, and no refund will be given. If the entire tournament is cancelled by JCFC for any reason, accepted teams will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. No refund will be given if any games are played on the date of your tournament.
***There will be NO food or drink of any kind allowed in the turf area (water will be allowed in a closed container. NO sunflower seeds, NO smoking, NO tobacco of any kind. Players need to remember this is an indoor facility—NO spitting on the turf. Violators will be asked to leave the facility.