Team Check-in for the 2021 MOBA Summer Cup will be via online check-in only.
· Original 2021/2022 Player Passes; either USYS State Association or US Club Soccer passes
· Original 2021/2022 Official Roster; either USYS State Association or US Club Soccer
· Two Copies of Official Roster
· Guest Players identified: Written on front or back of COPIES of Rosters
· Player Passes for Guest Player
· Individual Player Medical Release Forms
· Permission to Travel Paper Work: USYS State Association teams from Region I do not need Permission to Travel Paper Work. USYS State Association teams from all other Regions need Permission to Travel Paper Work.
The event is a USYSA Sanctioned Tournament and will allow competitive teams from both US Club Soccer and any other USSF affiliated members (state associations, etc) to compete in this event. The US Club Soccer teams DO NOT have to have a US Youth Soccer Application to Travel Form, but must bring their proper roster, plus 2 copies for the tournament and player pass cards.
For USYSA Registered Teams: Teams must have the proper USYSA state rosters, plus two copies for the tournament, permission to travel forms, player pass cards and medical release forms for each player at registration.
Teams that are members of organizations of the United States Soccer Federation but not members of US Youth Soccer (such as AYSO, SAY, US Club Soccer or Super Y Leagues) DO NOT have to have a US Youth Soccer Application to Travel form (although that team’s organization may require that the team have permission). An approved team roster does need to be provided to tournament officials, along with current player passes from its organization.
*Some state associations allow for U19 players to play in the U18 division since the USSF Age-Change Mandates. If this is the case,you must notify the tournament director to discuss the proper age division placement during registration.
20012/2013 (9u - 10u) Teams can have 15 players on their rosters turned in at Registration.
Five guest players per team will be permitted for all age groups. US Club Soccer teams may only take guest players registered under US Club Soccer, and USYSA teams may only take guest players registered with properly stamped USYSA player pass cards.
*Players playing with a different team within the same club in which the player is registered (i.e. playing up an age group), will not count towards the guest player maximums. However, the tournament director must be notified if the total players (guest players + players moving between 2 club teams) exceeds five (5).
**Players can only play for 1 team throughout the tournament.
– Three points will be earned for a win, one point for a tie and no points are earned for a loss. Any forfeiture will be scored as a 4-0 win with three points awarded to the winner.
- Where it is required to break a tie for standings within a division or for purposes of determining placement, the following order will be used to determine the winner:
A) Head-to-head competition – Except where more than two teams are tied, in which case head-tohead competition will not be used.
B) Goal Differential (Maximum of 4 goals per game)
C) Most goals scored. (Maximum of 4 goals per game)
D) Least number of goals allowed. (No Limits)
E) Penalty Kicks in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game.
- If more than two (2) teams are tied, the sequence above will be followed until a team is eliminated or selected over one of the tied teams. The remaining teams will then restart the sequence at letter A above until the tie is broken.
Size 5 2008-09 (13u - 14u)
Size 4 2010-2013 (9u - 12u)
Game Duration (Same for both Boys and Girls)
60 min, 2008-2009 (13u - 14u) Halftime - 5 min
50 min, 2010-2013 (9u - 12u) Halftime - 5 min
Substitutions shall be unlimited, but made only at the following times:
Teams playing in Tournament Format competition:
a) Goal kick, after a goal, half time, at the beginning of an overtime period, throw in – by the team in possession and by the team not in possession (only if the team in possession has a substitute), after a yellow card – for carded player.
b) An injured player may be substituted for at the discretion of the referee. If a substitution is made for the injured player, the opposing team may also make one substitution (with the referee’s acknowledgement).
Team listed first is the designated Home Team and must change jerseys when the referee determines a conflict to exist.
Teams not at the field ready to play at the scheduled game time with a minimum of 7 eligible players for 11v11, 5 eligible players for 9v9, and 4 eligible players for 7v7, will forfeit the match at the discretion of the tournament director. Forfeited scores will be counted 4 – 0. Teams forfeiting games will not be able to advance to the playoff rounds.
· Relocate and/or reschedule a match.
· Change a division structure.
· Reduce scheduled duration of a match.
· Cancel a match.
In the evet of inclement weather, forcing play to be halted and preventing the match from completing during the scheduled time, the score shall stand if at least one-half of the match has been completed.
All players must wear shinguards. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind will be allowed. Casts, splints or body braces made of a hard substance in its final form such as leather, rubber, plastic, plaster or fiberglass must be covered on all exterior surfaces with no less than ½ inch thick, high density polyurethane, or an alternate material of the same thickness and similar physical properties to protect the injury. A medical release for the injured player signed by a licensed physician must be available at the game site. Players may not play with these casts without the approval of the Referee.
There will be no protests. All officiating decisions are final.
Both teams will sit on the same side of the field. Only coaches and trainers may stay on the player’s sideline. Spectators are only allowed on the opposite side of the field from the coaches (depeding on COVID-19 protocol at the time of the event) and players and are limited to being in the designated area from penalty box to penalty box. No spectators are allowed behind the goal areas. Harassment of the officials from coaches, spectators or players will not be tolerated.
· If a player is ejected from a match (red card by the referee) that player must sit out the remainder of that match.
· In addition, the player must sit-out his/her team's next tournament match. Ejections for violent behavior, fighting, referee abuse are in no way appealable. Only the tournament director can make these decisions.
· As a college showcase event, players ejected can be substituted, thus allowing teams to play at full strength.
· Two yellow cards constitute a red card and ejection; however offending player can also be substituted.
Coaches (Any Age Group)
· A coach or other authorized bench personnel sent off during a match must leave the field immediately upon being sent off and must remain away from the field during the team’s next match.
NO alcoholic beverages are allowed at the MOBA Soccer Facility or the parking lot of any of the game sites. Your team will be subject to forfeiting 1 game. Smoking or use of tobacco products on or near playing fields is prohibited at all times.
Outdoor Grilling is prohibited at all tournament venues.
NO dogs are allowed at the MOBA Soccer Complex or complexes used for the MOBA College Showcase. Only service animals are allowed at the facilities.
Game Balls: All game balls will be provided by the home team.
*The tournament will be played in accordance with FIFA Laws of the Game except as modified by these rules above.
If the tournament is cancelled for any reason before the tournament begins and before any matches are played, teams are guaranteed a refund of an amount to be determined by the Tournament Director once all invoices are paid and final budgets are approved.
The MOBA Summer Cup, Tournament Director(s), and MOBA Soccer Academy will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by tournament participants if the tournament is cancelled for any reason, except for COVID-19. The Tournament Director(s) reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the tournament and its decision shall be final.
All Entry Fees must be paid upon registration and no later than August 4, 2021 to guarantee consideration. All late applications will be put on a wait list for review. Upon acceptance, the fee is non-refundable. If your team is accepted and later withdraws, the entry fee is non-refundable.
To insure the quality of service provided at the 2021 MOBA Summer Cup, MOBA Soccer Academy has partnerships with local hotels. For more information, please contact the tournament director.
Tournament Director: Brian Wilson
Referee Assignor: Matt Jackson