Unlimited substitutions will be allowed in all ages at the following times:
1 - Prior to a throw-in, (both teams can sub only if throwing team subs)
2 - Prior to a goal kick by either team
3 - After a goal is scored
4 - At half-time
8U-10U – 25 Minute Halves
11U-12U - 30 Minute Halves
13U-19U - 35 Minute Halves
· 8U-12U - Size 4 Ball
· 13U-19U - Size 5 Ball
· The listed home team will be asked to provide a game ball. If the ball is lost, kicked over a fence or in the woods, etc., an acceptable ball must be provided by either team to keep the game from being delayed.
Divisions with 4 teams: three matches guaranteed. Top team in division in points is champion, 2nd team is finalist.
Divisions with 5 teams: three matches guaranteed. Teams will play 2 games, then be seeded for Sunday play to crown champion.
Divisions with 6 teams: three matches guaranteed. Teams are divided into 2 groups with each team playing 2 matches. Then 3rd in each group play in the consolation game. 2nd and 1st place teams in each group will play crossovers in the semi-finals to make it to the finals.
Divisions with 7 teams: three matches guaranteed. Teams will play 2 games, then be seeded for Sunday play to crown champion.
Divisions with 8 teams: three matches guaranteed. Teams are divided into 2 groups with each team playing 3 matches within its group. Then the top finishers in each group will play in the finals.
U8 - U10 Modifications
- One referee will be used for U8 - U10 games.
- 7v7, six (6) field players plus a goalie
- All free kicks are indirect
- Goal Kicks and Corner Kicks are used
- Offsides will be called when obvious to the referee. Please remember there is one referee and he/she will do the best they can with this.
- Goalkeepers can punt, but the ball must bounce in their own half first. An indirect free kick at the half line will be awarded if the ball bounces in the opposing half.
No Heading is allowed in any small sided match (12U and younger)
Win = 3 points Tie = 1 point Loss = 0 points
Tie Breaking Procedure
If there are more than two teams tied #1 is thrown out until first tie is broken.
1 – Result head to head competition
2 – Goal Differential (up to 5 per game)
3 – Least Goals Allowed
4 – Most shutouts (includes 0-0 ties)
5 – FIFA penalty kicks
For Semi-Finals and Finals
If tied after regulation, FIFA penalty kicks – best of 5, then rotate 1 for 1 until a winner is determined.
All 10U NCYSA Academy Teams
All teams must adhere to the tournament guidelines as set forth by NCYSA.
All games shall be played in accordance with the FIFA Laws.
NCYSA No Heading Policy
(Ex. BOD 8/29/2016)
In a recent webinar from the Federation, it was stated that they were looking at NO HEADING for ALL Small Sided play believing this would address the many concerns they have received. The EXBD considered this and the calls and emails we have received and made the decision to modify the heading policy to the following. This supersedes any other previously released policy on heading from NCYSA.
NO HEADING is allowed in any small sided match (12U and younger).
In matches for 13U and older in which a 12U player or younger may be on the roster, heading will be allowed due to the fact that it would be very difficult for a referee to be able during the run of play to determine if a player that heads the ball is 12U or younger vs 13U and older. As stated by the Federation, it will be the coach and parent’s responsibility to “police” a child 12U and younger on heading in a 13U and older match.
There are limitations on heading in training for 11U and younger. There are no restrictions for heading in training for 12U and older.
This has been shared with the Referee organization their Assignors and Referees.
· Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators
· The Tournament Director or his/her designee has the right to ask anyone to leave the complex for unsportsmanslike behavior.
All decisions by the Tournament Director are final with no appeals.
Spectator and Coaching Area
· Both teams will sit on the same side of the field.
· Parents and spectators must sit in the appropriate areas across from their team.
· Regardless of weather conditions, coaches and their teams must appear on the field of play ready to play as scheduled.
· Only the Tournament Director or his/her designee can cancel or postpone a game.
· The safety of the players and spectators will be the first concern in making any weather decisions.
· The Tournament Director or his/her designee may move the location of a game to another field or complex.
· Inclement weather before the game: In case of severe weather conditions before play begins, the Tournament Director or his/her designee may reduce the length of the game.
· Inclement weather during the game: Should a game's progress be terminated due to severe weather conditions, the game will be considered official.
· Teams should not leave the complex until the event committee has determined the status of their game.
For field updates due to weather call: 336.525.5115
In general, Law IV of FIFA Laws applies.
1) If color of jerseys is similar or same, the designated home team will change colors. (Team listed first on schedule is the home team).
2) No plastic or metal jewelry of any kind (except corrective glasses) may be worn.
3) Shin guards are required for all players.
4) Casts - players who are wearing protective casts are allowed to play if the following conditions are met:
a) Cast is wrapped in foam or other protective material that will protect other players.
b) The referee approves the cast protection and such approval will not be unreasonably withheld.
1) All decisions of the referee that do not conflict with the event rules are final and binding.
2) The Tournament Committee, MYSA and NCYSA will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team or club if the event is canceled in whole or in part, or if a team decides to drop out, nor will any refunds be made.
3) If a team does not show up for a scheduled game, there is a $250 forfeit fee for each game due immediately.
4) The Tournament Committee reserves the right on any matters pertaining to the tournament and its judgement is final.