2019 LNSC NIKE CUP
*The 2019 LNSC NIKE CUP is for U11-U12 teams only.
All matches will be played in accordance with the FIFA Laws of the Game. Rules and/or interpretations provided by USYSA and/or NCYSA for youth matches are in the following items, which will further interpret these rules for purpose of this tournament.
All teams and individual players must meet all tournament rules and the FIFA, USYSA and NCYSA rules for registration. Failure to meet any of these registration rules will render a team and/or individual players ineligible to participate in the tournament:
- Teams must be registered through USYS or USSF affiliates including US Club and AYSO.
- Player must be registered and possess a valid pass from the same club or league.
- Player must be listed on team match roster from same club or affiliate.
- Have a Medical Release Form for each player from same club or affiliate.
- A player may only play for one team in this tournament, includes 9U/10U Academy teams.
- Three (3) guest players for 9U – 19U are allowed on any single team. Guest players on NC Youth Academy teams must be registered NC Youth Academy players.
- Each out of state team must provide properly executed notification to travel documentation from each appropriate sanctioning organization and/or state(s).
2. Tournament Fees and Roster Size
- 11U-12U 9 v 9, roster of 16 maximum, tournament fee of $575
3. Player Equipment
- Shin guards must be worn at all times by all players.
- A player is not allowed to wear any jewellery (earrings, watches, necklaces etc.)
- Medical tags and bracelets must be taped to the body.
- In the case of similar or identical jerseys, the designated home team (the team listed first on the schedule) will change jerseys.
- Players wearing casts or protective equipment are allowed to play with the approval of the referee.
4. Team Field Position
The referees will determine where each team’s players, coaches and spectators will take position during the match. Spectators will sit in the stadium, stands or along field touchline between the 18 to midfield opposite of their team. All players/coaches will take a position on the opposite side of the field from spectators. All players/coaches and spectators must stay at least one yard behind the touchline when positioned on the field. Players/coaches are expected to stay in the general position of player/coach bench area.
5. Player, Coach and Spectator Behavior
All players, coaches and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the letter as well as the spirit of the Laws of the Game. The referees working the matches in the tournament are experienced and will apply the Laws as they interpret them in the flow of the matches. Player, coach or spectator dissent will not be tolerated and will be dealt with as necessary.
Players, coaches or spectators ejected from a match will be banned (out of sight and sound of the playing area) from the team’s current and next scheduled match.
Player, coaches and spectators ejected from a match for fighting may be banned from the remainder of the tournament by the Tournament Director.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to ban any team from further competition if the behavior of the team’s players, coaches or spectators creates an atmosphere where further competition cannot take place within the letter as well as the spirit of the Laws of the Game.
Each coach is responsible for the behavior of players, parents and spectators of their team.
6. Duration of Play
The duration of each match is indicated below as designated by the USYSA. Half-time intervals will be five (5) minutes based on the referee’s discretion.
All Matches for the 2019 LNSC NIKE CUP:
- 11U to 12U: 30 minute halves
7. Modified for 9U-12U
NCYSA mandates there is no heading at U12 and below during matches. Heading the ball on purpose will result in an indirect free kick for the opponent. Substitutions are allowed during ALL stoppages of play.
8. Substitutions (see above)
- All substitutions, should take place from the halfway line and substitutes should not enter the field until the player they are replacing has reached the touchline.
9. Score Reporting
The referees and/or field marshals will report to the site headquarters after each match. In the case of a one-field site, referees will report to referee headquarters.
10. Tournament Point System
All preliminary divisional matches can end in a tie. At the conclusion of round robin and/or divisional play (including crossover matches), teams will be ranked in their playing group based on points earned from wins and ties only.
Teams will be awarded points during divisional play based on match results as follows:
- 3 Points for a WIN
- 1 Point for a TIE
- 0 Points for a LOSS
11. Tie Breakers
Any situation in which two or more teams have the same number of points, the tie will be broken by using the following criteria in the following order, one after the other as needed:
- Most points
- Winner of head to head competition. If teams tied or split their matches, then; Goal Differential (Maximum + or - 3 goals/game). Example: 15–0 = 3-0 (+3); 8–1 = 4–1 (+3); 2–4 = 2-4 (-2)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most goals scored
- Coin toss by the Tournament director, or their delegate.
(The above procedures are taken one at a time until the tie is broken. If ties still exist among other teams, the process begins again with “step one”.)
Semi-Final and Final Match Tie Breaking
If at the end of regulation play the match is still tied, FIFA penalty kicks will be used to determine the winner. If the match goes to FIFA penalty kicks, the teams must select players who are on the field of play at the end of the match to take kicks from the penalty mark. USYS small sided guidelines – penalty kicks for U10 (penalty mark distance 8 yards.) USYS small sided guidelines – penalty kicks for U11 – U12 (penalty mark distance 10 yards.)(FIFA Reduce to Equate rule applies.)
*** If game is still tied after 5th set of kicks, kicks will continue in the same order until one team has scored more goals in the same number of kicks. Each kick is taken by a different player and all eligible players must take a kick before any player can take a second kick. For questions, ask Tournament Director for clarification.
A forfeit shall be awarded if a team is not present and prepared to play within ten (10) minutes of its scheduled match time. The score for a forfeited match will be 3-0. If a team forfeits but still have enough points to advance, they will be allowed to advance.
THERE WILL BE NO PROTEST!!
14. Inclement Weather or Other Uncontrollable Circumstances
Regardless of weather conditions teams are expected to arrive for their scheduled match, failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the match. Only the Tournament Committee can postpone the match. In the case of extreme weather the Tournament Committee may cancel any or all matches. If severe weather were to occur after the beginning of play the center referee or Tournament Committee, may reduce the length of the match or cancel the match altogether. Additionally, the Tournament Committee may reduce the length of the match by as much as 50% because of weather or field conditions. Should a match in progress be terminated due to weather or field conditions, the match will be considered official if at least the first half of competition has been completed. The score at that time will stand. For other matches, rescheduling attempts will be made as fairly as possible, considering referee and field availability and normal progress of the competition. As a final solution, it may be necessary to employ other means to determine the outcome of the match in which case the match will be scored 1-0. In cases of extreme heat, the Tournament committee shall mandate a water break for all teams. If this ‘water break’ order is issued, all referees will be informed that this is an across the board break for all teams participating.
15. Final Interpretations and Decisions
The Tournament Committee will make final interpretations of any and all tournament rules and/or tie breaking decisions.
Neither the Tournament Committee nor Lake Norman Soccer Club (including tournament sponsors) are responsible for any expense incurred by any team in the event the tournament is cancelled, postponed, or suspended in whole or in part or in the event the matches are discontinued or cancelled due to reasons beyond our control NOR WILL ANY REFUNDS BE ISSUED.
The Tournament Committee reserves the right to combine age groups and/or levels of play in order to complete brackets if necessary.
17. Team Contact
Upon checking in at registration, each team must provide the mobile phone number of the coach and team manager, so that these individuals may be contacted if circumstances require it. Be sure the team contact is someone who can be reached at any time.
Be sure to have all tournament eligibility documentation - match rosters, player passes, medical release forms and permits to travel at all matches. Same will be required of guest players. These are subject to inspection at any time by referees or tournament officials.