Kick 4 a Cause 4v4 Tournament
Saturday, January 19 | WRAL Soccer Park in Raleigh, North Carolina
- 100% Proceeds will benefit Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Cost: $180 for youth and adult teams
- Registration Deadline: January 14, 2019
- Divisions: Boys and Girls U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U16, U19
- Adult Co-Ed and Men's Open
- All teams will be accepted to participate!
Tournament Rules & Game Format
- 4 v 4 (no goalkeepers)
- Single day tournament
- Four players on the field per team
- Max of eight (8) players per roster
- 40 x 30 yard field
- No offside, one referee (who donates their time to the event)
- Two twelve (12) minute halves with a 2 minute halftime
- 4 games guaranteed
- Winners will get bragging rights; no medals or trophies are awarded during this event to keep the focus on the mission of the event
- A player can only play for one team
- All players must wear matching jerseys/shirts; in the event of similar colored jerseys, the home team will be asked to change.
- A FULL set of rules will be posted under Tourney Info
Player and Team Structure
- Players may compete UP a level but not down a level.
- Birthyear Age Groups determined by Fall 2018/2019 USYS Birthyear groups. (see rules for clarifications)
- Youth teams must have a coach (21 years of age or older).
- Proof of age & playing division is required.
- Teams may be formed from current teams or be newly formed teams.
- Teams can be formed from current teams or be newly formed teams.
- Men's Open teams are made of male players only
- Adult Co-ed teams must have one female player on the field through the entire game & one female player must be on the field at any given point of the game
100% of event proceeds will benefit the Tammy Lynn Center, specifically their school playground which is used on a dialy basis by their on-campus Pre-K and grade school students. The playground also supports before-school and after-school programs, as well as a seven-week long summer camp. In the evenings, the playground area is a frequent gathering spot for the 30 children and adults who live on the TLC's main campus. Having a safe and stimulating area for children and adults to play/gather outside is crucial when it comes to providing life enriching experiences.
Funds raised through the 4v4 will help fund these specific areas of need:
- a large sandbox with benches to provide more space for educational lessons (e.g., measuring) and sensory experiences like touching and feeling
- soft surface flooring
- shade canopies: to allow for more year-round, comfortable use
Supply Drive: We encourage all teams and families to help us support the TLC through needed supplies for their on-campus school classrooms. You can bring the following wish list items to the 4v4:
- Tape (scotch, packing, masking)
- White Poster Board
- Glue Sticks, Glue, Glue Dots
- Dry Erase Kit
- Sharpies (Black)
- Simple games (Candy Land, Memory, Chutes & Ladders)
- Hole Punchers
- Large crayons
- Construction Paper
- Smocks (for young children)
- Clay, Air Dry Clay
- Paint (variety of colors)
- Paint brushes
- Electric Pencil Sharpener