100% of event proceeds this year will support Me Fine, which helps families with the very real emotional and financial challenges that arise when their child is facing a serious health issue. Support to families come through referrals from the partner hospitals and can come in many forms inclding but not limited to:
- overdue utility bills and/or mortgage/rent payments
- medical expenses or medically necessary equipment not covered by insurance
- vehicle expenses, hospital parking fees & gas cards to help get to/from necessary treatment
- emotional support & resources (sensory kits, toiletry kits, clothing, toys/donations, sibling support resource groups, diagnoses support groups, and more!
- Me Fine supported 578 families in 2021 with financial assistance during their child's medical crisis
- Me Fine partners with WakeMed Children's Hospital, Duke Children's Hospital, and UNC Children's Hospital for family referral and support
- Me Fine's goal is to eliminate barriers so families can focus on their children
- Patients and families supported by Me Fine represent 100+ unique diagnoses, most being congenital & genetic conditions, prematurity, neurological, respiratory, and blood cancers
- A majority of patients and families supported by Me Fine are local or NC residents travelling for care
How Me Fine helps families:
Jacksonvile, NC: Diagnosis of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Me Fine helped with several vehicle expenses, parking, and gas cards. This was very helpful with this family having to travel over 3 hours for treatment at the hospital and this diagnosis requires at least 2.5/3 years of treatment.
Henderson, NC: Child received a diagnosis of Menkes disease which is congenital and genetic chronic disease. Me Fine helped with many financial needs for this family including a stroller and high chair compatible with vent settings, gas cards, Walmart cards, and vehicle expenses. This helped tremendously with the significant distance between the hospital and home.